“Over priced and bland”

Add it.
Agave Tamale Co
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I love a good tamale and have tried them from several different countries. I ordered at least one of every type of tamale Agave had when I visited to determine which one would be my favorite. Overall I found all of them to be bland and rather small. The masa was completely flavorless. I was very disappointed when I was told they freeze their tamales. This definitely does not help the flavor besides making them dry. Overall, I did not find the tamales tasty and were definitely overpriced. I have purchased much better tamales for half the price from the trunk of car in a supermarket parking lot in Fort Worth.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you blink, you'll miss it, but this well-kept secret is just off the main drag, but well worth seeking out. Absolutely the freshest tamales anywhere and they have a variety of fresh salsas you can baste your meal in. My favorite is the carrot sauce salsa (hot, but not TOO hot!). You won't be disappointed. I never am.

7  Thank Divinit
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good food , service and staff was excellent. Place is very small. Tamales were not what I am normally used to but good.

6  Thank hank25
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Really cute place! Very cheerful staff. Visit Trixie and BYOB. Located right around the corner from the Historic Square.

9  Thank Festivalgoddess