“Delightful Production”

Granbury Theatre Company
Ranked #14 of 44 things to do in Granbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Granbury Theatre Company is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that manages the Granbury Opera House, produces critically-acclaimed plays and musicals, and hosts concerts and other special events. The company also includes the Granbury Theatre Academy, which offers after-school and summer programs to provide acting, dance, and singing instruction for children, youth, and adults.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We attended Noises Off, and it was funny, funny, funny. It seems like there isn't a bad seat in the house, the production was very professional, and building is lovely. If you are visiting Granbury, go!

There are newer reviews for Granbury Theatre Company

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Can't beat the acting for young talented people, Haven't seen a bad play. Been coming for over 10 years. Really out did themselves with the remodel. Very friendly staff. Should be a super year !

1  Thank BigMikeTx
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Granbury and weren't sure what to do. We're not big theater people, but it was supposed to rain, so we bought tickets at the last minute. We both absolutely loved the performance! We saw Lucky Stiff, which is a musical comedy. The acting and singing was as good or better than I've seen at theaters in Dallas, despite it being a very small community theater. The seats weren't so comfortable, but it was really entertaining enough that I didn't mind. I would definitely recommend this, even if it's not something you're usually into.

1  Thank shimmer193
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Steel Magnolias was our latest performance to attend. It was just a great performance. The execution was so good that it seemed like most of the audience was in tears at the end. The performers were so much in character, that one felt that they were actually experiencing a true life situation. This was our fourth play this year and our fifth in the last year. It is amazing to see the depth of the Granbury Theater Co in the wide variety of the plays that they present. From The Secret Garden and the Foreigner to all Shook Up, the execution is great. Each play is so enjoyable because the hard work that the Producer, the Directors, the support people and the various cast members put into each production is so obvious. I must say that my all time favorite is 1776. I saw it last year, enjoyed it just as much this year and I hope that it remains as an annual event and that it remains in the old court house even when the restoration of the Opera House is complete.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I will start with this is not some large scale broadway show. It is small time theatre, and I feel at its best. The actors and actresses were top notch and well trained. We had an amazing time, and enjoyed the small setting.

1  Thank Eric D