“It's getting a little better.”
Review of The Dock - CLOSED

The Dock
Cuisines: American
Description: Replaced the old Groggy Dawg Restaurant in Granbury, TX. This new restaurant is under new ownership and management.
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Out waitress was awesome! She was on top of everything. They have cleaned up the inside a little bit, could be better. Our food was really over priced!! Our crab had to go back to the kitchen because it was ice cold. For $60.00 for two people it could have been a lot better.

1  Thank TrinaWillis

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Three of us had a mixed plate of appetizers and a variety of tilapia and shrimp plates and sides. It was all edible [just barely] but not at all enjoyable and I'd never recommend going for the food.

However, the service was outstandingly enthusiastic and kind; the view of the lake and being right on the water --almost literally -- was nice. We sat out back behind the main building away from the music blaring from loudspeakers and it was quite private, though the view wasn't quite as good as from other areas.

Drink prices were outstanding during all-day Happy Hour on Sunday, though my Margarita didn't taste that great. [It was very alcohol-laden, though, if that's what you're hoping for.] At the right time of day for chips and salsa, it's probably great. But don't go if you're actually looking for a meal.

3  Thank Kathleen J
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went in to have a drink with a friend only to see, what seemed to be, a bar fly crowd falling off the bar stools drunk. I waited for my drink for over 10 minutes, which was ridiculious considering I was standing in front of two bar tenders holding out cash. This restaurant/bar has changed hands so many times, I'm not sure anyone can get it right. It's saddening that such a prime location can't get the right business in that's worthwhile. Sad to say I will not be back!

32  Thank SB23Reviewer
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wanted to eat some seafood and I felt like fish but all they had was one or two kinds of fish. It was priced high but the food was fresh and the plates were presentable. They just priced everything out and not as a meal there were no waitresses so you felt like you were at a fast food restaurant

13  Thank missybee04
Reviewed March 12, 2013

No longer have build a burgers, but they are still better than average. Coconut shrimp were overdone...

2  Thank labdan62