“Good Food, Good Service, A Little Pricey”

Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: Welcome to Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge! We believe in using fresh, seasonal ingredients to create delicious and interesting cuisines reflecting our home state of Texas. We strive for perfect service so that you, our guest, will have the best possible dining experience. We recognize that you have many dining options to choose from and appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you soon! We are located on one of the finest town squares in Texas, Eighteen Ninety Grille and Lounge blends local history and flavors to create a unique experience in polished casual dining.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I were attending a marriage conference in Granbury and decided to have a dinner that evening at the Eighteen Ninety Grille. Call ed at about 4 pm and got the last reservation at 6:30 pm. The restaurant is right on Granbury square which is a great location! We arrived and were seated immediately. Atmosphere is very nice for couples, but wouldn't be bad for families or small groups either. Recommend calling ahead for reservations on weekends as the seating area is relatively small. Our server was prompt and came back often to check on us or refill our drinks. We ordered the artichoke and spinach dip with chips as an appetizer - very good. I ordered the Chilean sea bass and my wife ordered the Land & Sea (small filet and shrimp). My sea bass was tender and well cooked but was not as flavorful as I would of liked, but the accompanying jalapeño grits and green beans were excellent. My wife enjoyed the filet which she likes well done (it was cooked perfectly). Her mash potatoes were excellent, although her broccoli with cheese was a little cold. Overall our entrees were good and service was excellent. My one minor complaint was it was a little pricey for Granbury. If you want to order the smaller ribeye, you're going to pay over $40 for the entree. I know there are some other great places in town where you can get a good flavorful well-cooked ribeye for half that price. I still gave it four stars and would recommend.

5  Thank Corey L
There are newer reviews for Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Menu is pricey, food is not consistent, depends on the pressure from the order line. Enjoy the Happy Hour menu, even though it has been shortened. Always good people to meet at the bar.

6  Thank BigMikeTx
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We made a reservation about a week in advance for 2. They reserved us a 2 person table at one of the 2 windows that overlook the town square and courthouse. The host apologized that the table was still occupied and saw us to the bar to wait. He then checked on us after 10 or so minutes to make sure we were being well cared for while we waited. Needless to say the bartender was very attentive while we waited. Once seated, we were introduced to our server who was friendly, funny, very efficient, attentive but not overly so. She truly was perfect. And the food, in a word, excellent. They did a special set price menu for the evening with selections for salad, entree, and desert, plus a glass of champagne. We both selected the Manhattan steak, bone in, and at least 2 inches thick. Everything was timed perfectly, the food was great, and the entire staff went out of their way to make it a perfect dining experience.

7  Thank dfw_guyFortWorth_TX
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a very nice, higher priced steak house. We had excellent service from Tricia in the bar. My husband had a steak, which was cooked perfectly and I had excellent, very moist grilled chicken (with jalapeno grits).

6  Thank ma13945
Reviewed December 24, 2013

After "bragging" to my guests (who traveled for several hours to spend the Christmas holidays with me) about how wonderful this restaurant has been my last four visits, I wound up embarrassed, apologetic and very disappointed with our dining experience last night. Prior experiences made me trust I could take my guests there with pride. The steaks have always been cooked to perfection, however I still find it necessary to explain, in detail, how I like my steak cooked, so there will be no misunderstanding about what I want. Tonight my request was not honored and my "pink in the center" steak arrived bloody...much too rare. (The waiter had asked me to cut through the meat to see if it had been prepared properly). He took it back to the chef and once again the same piece of meat came back much too rare. His solution this time was to take it back and prepare another steak from scratch. I decided against it. By the time my meal would be back for the third time, my guests would be through eating their meals. The waiter asked if I wanted the manager. I said no I do not want the steak at this point and do not want to speak to a manager (for my guests to hear me "hash" this out with yet another person).She arrived at our table anyway. I explained that I believed it was the waiter's fault for not communicating my wishes to the chef. He was very "haphazard" about little things as well. I ordered Iced Tea with no lemon. The Tea came with lemon. Instead of offering to bring me a fresh glass with no lemon residue on the edge of the glass, I tried to wipe off the edge and drink it not wanting to complain or make a fuss, (This exact same thing happened my last visit) The waiter does not listen well. Of course they were out of salmon at 6:30 on December 23rd, and the bartender could not accommodate one of my guests with a simple Bloody Mary! (The waiter said he didn't have the "mix".The wine suggested to us was fine at close to $40.00, however if I am going to pay $50.00 for 1/4 head of Iceberg Lettuce, a scoop of mashed potatoes with the steak sitting on top of them and 8 oz of beef, I believe someone there needs to make the decision to have cloth napkins, not paper, and pay very close attention to the food being served.
The manager took "the steak" I didn't eat off my bill, of course, and offered complimentary desserts which we declined at this point.
I love and support good restaurants. I always take good care of the servers. Unfortunately maybe many of us send the wrong message by continuing to tip bad service. They have come to expect it....and without good service.
Not sure if I will go back. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF NICE RESTAURANTS HERE. I live here and wanted this to be my "stand by", "go to" place. They need to decide who they want to be. Top dollar, fine dining or just another over priced disappointment that leaves you crying in their paper napkins. Sorry, really pitiful this time. Merry Christmas??

6  Thank Michael T