“Great Service, So So Food”

Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: Welcome to Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge! We believe in using fresh, seasonal ingredients to create delicious and interesting cuisines reflecting our home state of Texas. We strive for perfect service so that you, our guest, will have the best possible dining experience. We recognize that you have many dining options to choose from and appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you soon! We are located on one of the finest town squares in Texas, Eighteen Ninety Grille and Lounge blends local history and flavors to create a unique experience in polished casual dining.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

For the price ($$$$), the food should have been much better. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. My ribeye was over cooked and thin. Nothing like a real ribeye should taste. The wife's salad was just okay. The lady manager came out during the meal and checked on the customers, wearing too long torn wranglers and boots. With her definitive country drawl, she couldn't have looked or sounded less the part for a fine dining restaurant. Maybe a BBQ joint, but not here.

8  Thank SouthernBoy2000
JTEmerson, Owner at Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am truly sorry for your dining experience at 1890. We always strive to provide high quality food and excellence in hospitality.

I understand and share your concern with our smaller Ribeyes and am in the process of finding a solution to fix these problems.

Please see more detail in the message that I sent you.

Jason Emerson

There are newer reviews for Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Enjoyed the crab stuffed mushroom appetizers. Went on Saturday night at 7 pm, and while crowded, we were still served in acceptable time. The wine list is great, has all ends of your budget covered. On an unusual note, the steaks are served on sizzling platters like fajitas. OK if you ordered a filet like my partner, but the plate kept cooking my ribeye, so it went from medium rare to medium before I could finish it.

5  Thank David L
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We did not have reservations so we stopped by to see if they could seat a party of 5 on a Friday it was early so we were able to be seated! Our waitress was Meagan excellent service! We all ordered different steaks and were all cooked to perfection that was the best filet I've had in a while and was absolutely cooked MEDIUM! I also really enjoyed the spring mix salad with feta and strawberries, I had the green beans they were very good just need to be just a tad more done. My Husband also had the filet and was cooked perfectly as well with a baked potato and the spring mixed salad. Our guest ordered Sirloins and were also cooked perfectly!He really liked the garlic butter sauce on top! You have a choice of garlic or blue cheese.I had mine plain. Our Grand daughter had grilled chicken and a baked potato. We all had different wines and we only had one dessert the chocolate Kailua cake with a chocolate sauce and berries Very good! Great selection of desserts!
The Manager came buy our table to see if we enjoyed our meal we told him we would be back! We also enjoyed the music with dinner! I Highly Recommend The Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge Yummy!

5  Thank lblack5219

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here at 1890. Hope to see you back soon.

Jason Emerson

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Huge disappointment. My husband and I both wanted the ribeye. It was our anniversary. We had a reservation for a saturday night at 6:30. They were out of the ribeyes!!! Our salad and main course were both served at the same time. We ordered the new york strips medium rare and they were served rare!! The manager tried to make it right and bought me another glass of wine and dessert for both of us but I heard him apologizing to several tables. Too much money not to be perfect!!!

10  Thank Julia H
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere and food! Everything was so fresh and the staff was wonderful...look forward to eating here again!!

5  Thank amandabgraves

Thank you for your great review. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Thanks,