“Excellent Food & Service”

Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl
Description: Welcome to Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge! We believe in using fresh, seasonal ingredients to create delicious and interesting cuisines reflecting our home state of Texas. We strive for perfect service so that you, our guest, will have the best possible dining experience. We recognize that you have many dining options to choose from and appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you soon! We are located on one of the finest town squares in Texas, Eighteen Ninety Grille and Lounge blends local history and flavors to create a unique experience in polished casual dining.
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

On my trip to Dallas this past weekend I had the pleasure of going to the small charming town of Granbury. After a day on the lake we were strolling around the historical square and came across a true jewel of a restaurant. Eighteen Ninety is decorated in a Texas motif which I found rather charming. We started off in the “Lounge” area upstairs and had one of the best Bloody Marys that I’ve ever had. The hostess came to get us as a table was now open down stairs. We were sat next to a historical piano that had an awesome story of traveling from New Orleans to Granbury by horse and buggy in the 1800s. I had a Justin Cabernet which was recommended by my delightful server and it was just wonderful. We shared a crab cake and Texas trilogy to start with. Both were out of this world delicious. The crab cake is one of the best that I have ever tried. The owner told us the story of how they created the receipt for the crab cake and it is amazing how everything in this restaurant is either a family receipt or created by the owner and chef through trial and error. I had the six ounce filet and my friend had the porthouse steak. WOW the porthouse is huge!!! My friend said that it was delicious and definitely in the top three best steaks he has ever tasted. The filet was one of the tenderness pieces of meat that I have ever had and talking about flavor… WOW the family seasoning and garlic butter is amazing. Supposedly the owner’s father created this seasoning and has won numerous awards using this seasoning. We were to full for dessert but the table beside me had the chocolate cake it looked delicious. WE WILL BE BACK and WILL RECOMAND TO ANYONE VISITING GRANBURY!! Very charming place, great food, and excellent service.

7 Thank Tricia T

Acton, Texas
“Good Food & Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Our first dining experience here and we enjoyed it, despite hearing some not so great reports from some friends. The food is small in quantity (although that's fine with us), the pricing is expensive for Granbury standards, and the service was very good. It will be interesting to see if this restaurant survives when others have failed on the historic Square. Service must remain good and the atmosphere needs a little attention ( a little music wouldn't hurt upstairs). Also, please replace the young woman who answered the phone earlier today who acted put out when my wife asked her to repeat the reservation time and number of people we were a reservation for. Upscale restaurants do this as a normal course of business. We will return again.

6 Thank SouthernBoy2000
Granbury, Texas
“Good Food, Good Service, Nice Atmosphere, BUT, Overpriced for Granbury”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I ate lunch at this new restaurant on the charming square in Granbury for the first time last Tuesday. We live in Granbury, and it was nice to see a decent, non-chain/fast food restaurant in our community. I had the 1/2 pound Angus Burger ($9.99) and frankly it was delicious, although a bit overpriced for Granbury. My wife had a salad with three vegetable sides ($12.99) and also found it delicious but overpriced for Granbury. Service by "Chastity" was charming & pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable. Steak prices were "over-the-top expensive" for Granbury (priced as though this was a 4/5 star restaurant in Dallas or Ft. Worth). As nice as we thought it was overall, sadly, we believe it will go the way of the 3 or 4 "upscale" restaurants that once occupied "The Nutt House" (during the 8 years we have lived here), and not survive, solely because of their exhorbitant pricing and NOT because of their food preparation, service and atmosphere. Having been raised in the food service/restaurant business, I have a fairly comprehensive understanding of the business. I sent constructive letters to two of the short lived "Nutt House" restaurants, but it was too late. The "die was cast" and their demise followed (including a Grady Spears failed venture). Sorry folks, but I don't think y'all will make it if you don't significantly reduce your pricing structure to a much more locally acceptable level, and DO IT NOW, before the "die is cast".

4 Thank ElLobo01
Granbury, Texas
“RUDE! And only so-so, overpriced food - won't last here!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've eaten twice at this restaurant since it opened last month. The first two times we went, we felt the food was okay, but rather overpriced for the quality. My husband had the "aged Angus burger" and felt he could get a better burger at a local (not national chain) burger joint for half the price. I had the grilled chicken salad, which was alright, but nothing to write home about. However, we like to support our local restaurants, rather than drive 30+ miles to Fort Worth. We decided to take company there with us tonight, and give some other menu items a try.

We were led upstairs and given a table right by the door (really, far too close to the door, anyone coming in would be likely to trip over us) and next to the restrooms. This was odd because there were at least half a dozen empty tables in better locations, and I know they have a downstairs dining area as well. When we asked why we were given this table, the hostess said *all* the other tables were reserved, which I found very surprising on a Thursday night when no shows or special events are in town (I've been a Granbury resident for over six years). Why the hostess didn't explain the "fact" (?) that all tables but this one were in use or reserved *before* leading us upstairs was also strange. I'm also puzzled because there is a large area near the windows where this poorly-positioned table could be relocated. I have to wonder if its placement violates fire codes.

When my son complained about the table, instead of just offering us a better table (downstairs if need be, if all the upstairs tables truly were reserved), we were treated very rudely by a gentleman (?) who did not offer any solutions, just a condescending attitude. He will soon learn that high-priced restaurants in Granbury don't survive if they insult the locals and expect to depend on the tourist trade. We tip very well (20% and up) and frequent restaurants that we like, usually going weekly. Alas, since our four favorite on-the-square restaurants closed in October and December of 2011, we've had a hard time finding a local restaurant with quality, non-boring food (we'll eat there every week if the menu changes enough, as we did at the predecessor in this location), and good, friendly service.

We won't be back to this establishment, and will not recommend it to others. There are places nearby with equivalent quality and prices, better atmosphere, and much friendlier service.

10 Thank riofriotex
“Finally!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant twice so far, both times bringing out-of-town friends. This last time our friends ordered the Porterhouse Steak for two. Our waitress, Janie, advised they could each order the steak cooked to their preference as one preferred medium and the other medium rare. My husband had the Cowboy Steak and I ordered the Filet. The steaks were perfect for all of us. Our foursome had Wedge Salad, Caesar Salad and Garden Salads....each different...all delicious. Sides included the sauted wild mushrooms and broccolini and and outstanding mac and cheese. I had the baby green beans which were okay but would not order again. We met the owner, Jason Emerson, and thanked him for opening his restaurant as this caliber of food and service was needed in this small town. My husband did suggest he also include more medium priced wines along with the selection of very affordable to high priced wine list. Once again, our waitperson, Janie, was friendly and attentive and knowledgeable. Our friends are still talking about this adventure and we all agree to return and try EVERYTHING on the menu.

4 Thank Sharron S

Been to Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge? Share your experiences!