“Changed over the past year”
Review of Joe's Pasta

Joe's Pasta
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Joe's has been a stand by, always good. Within the last year or so we have seen the quality and size of portions go down hill. The food is not as tasty and it seems they are cutting corners. The stromboli is about 2/3 of the size it was just 2 months ago. Our server was good. The bread/rolls remain wonderful.

1  Thank Himomfl

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The innkeeper at the B&B we stayed at referred us to Joe's and actually made a reservation for us. So glad that he did. Was very busy on a Saturday evening at 6:00. We enjoyed our meal. I had the Pasta Sampler and it was very good. The place was hopping. You can order takeout also.

8  Thank fencepost
Reviewed November 14, 2013

the imitation crab meat on my plate wow ! this is not how you treat people and expect them to come back ! i asked to speak to someone about the problem we were having all we got was sorry the manager is not here ! and asked if we want to take the food to go ! sorry but there are much better choices for italian food in Granbury .

2  Thank jones n
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My cousin had her wedding catered by this restaurant and everyone was very impressed with the food. Wow! I wish there was one in Cali! Must try the bread in the garlic oil sauce. You won't want to stop eating.

7  Thank Jyllian
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Having had read numerous reviews of this place, my wife and I decided to make a go of it on a Friday night.

First impression -- they were busy. Not just 'busy', but that every single table was in use. This likely meant that (a) the food would be really good, and (b) that we might be in for quite a wait. Fortunately, we only had to wait about 6-7 minutes before a table was ready.

The host was polite, and seated us quickly. The waitress greeted us in a very professional manner, but appeared rather overwhelmed all the same. Soon thereafter, we ordered our meals. For my wife, the Eggplant Parmesan. For me, the Shrimp Besnik. An alfredo-sauced shrimp and crab meat combination tossed with fettuccine. Sounded great.

Our salads were served shortly, but served in soup bowls. I find this odd, as I'm used to salads being served on plates -- maybe they were out of salad plates? Don't know. The bread accompaniment was terrific. Very tasty, and rich with yeast. Once finished with the salads, our meals arrived. My wife received a beautiful plate of eggplant with marinara sauce and a side of spaghetti. It looked really good.

My plate was a rich mass of fettuccine with an alfredo sauce and 5 large shrimp on top. However, after a few bites into it, I recognized the unmistakable red-orange dye of the dreaded "Krab" meat. I couldn't believe it. Yes, that means crab with a "K" NOT a "C!" What had started out to be a fairly nice dish was suddenly devalued to a heap of alfredo mess and particulates of crab wannabe tidbits. Nothing could be cheaper than to suggest that the dye-ladened 'Krab Meat Product' should ever be passed off as true Crab Meat! I mean, the menu said "crab meat," and proposed no disclaimer as to suggest that I would be getting such a knock-off instead. Good grief...what has this world come to?

Slowly picking out the remnants of "Mr. Krab" from my dish, our waitress walked by to ask how things were going. "Not too well," I suggested. When I asked her if my dish was supposed to have "real crab" in it, she appeared stunned. "Is that not crab meat?" she questioned, pointing towards my spoon-sized mound of colorfully tinged flakes of meat product. "No," I replied. "This is the fake crab meat." She hesitated, and said "I'll check with the cook," and off she went towards the kitchen. A few moments later she arrived to tell me that "Yes, that is the 'crab meat' they use in the dish." I simply nodded to confirm her suggestion, and off she went. It was pointless to argue with someone who probably wouldn't know the difference anyhow.

I finished most of my dish. The shrimp were done very nicely, and were quite tasty. The alfredo sauce was quite nice as well. My wife enjoyed her eggplant parmesan very much, and took her leftovers home.

Unfortunately, this experience left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth. For a dish costing $15.99 that suggests "crab meat," they should have offered exactly that. No, I'm not asking for a heaping mound of crab, but certainly not the artificial rip-off. Kind of like ordering a steak, and getting a hamburger instead.

When the bill arrived, I was equally stunned. Nothing...not a dime, drink (tea) or anything removed or discounted. Not a single apology from the waitress or staff. Nothing, zero, nada.

As much as I might consider coming back, I doubt that I will. What's the point? It was clear that Joe's is more preoccupied with saving a buck than to care about what a customer would think or have to say about their restaurant.

That's not just being deceptive...that's just BAD POLICY in my book.

5  Thank Seanzilla

Been to Joe's Pasta? Share your experiences!