“expected more” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hoffbrau Steaks was voted "one of Dallas' Best Chicken Fried Steak" by D Magazine. We are a family owned steak house, rustic and casual with a unique Texas atmosphere. We serve USDA aged choice beef and an wide-ranging menu of chicken, quail, ribs, seafood, salads and burgers. We keep it Salt & Pepper Simple and make everything from scratch with love. Daily lunch specials are delicious and affordable. Large TV's are perfect for watching sports in our great bar. Come sample our extensive list of local, national and international beers in our fun bar. We love to cater for weddings, birthdays and office parties. Happy Hour is served from 3PM to 6PM Monday through Friday. Our quaint little town of Granbury is also home to the Granbury Opera House, built in the 1800's. Early to-mid 1800's German settlers, who helped develop the Hill Country of South Texas, also recreated their beloved "hoffbraus"or "beer gardens" where local townspeople, farmers and ranchers gathered to enjoy hearty meals and brewed beverages in a setting that was naturally casual yet humming with conversations and warm friendly service. What began as a "Hoffbrau" in South Texas truly was the origin of the Texas Hill Country Steakhouse... A tradition that our family has continued since opening Hoffbrau Steaks in 1978. Enjoy yourselves, our Texas hospitality... The great steaks and foods for which we are known. Many thanks, The Fogiel Family
Granbury, Texas
“expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We visited for the first time a few weeks ago. I was really looking forward to it, but I wasn't that impressed. The recommendation of the squash puppies was a good one. Yum yum jalapeno jelly! Then we got the Texas Two Step--two sirloin steaks with onion strings and salad. But the steaks were delivered while we were eating our salads, and our server came by to tell us "your steaks will keep cooking on the hot platter." Duh! Why did you bring them when we were still on our salads? And the steaks were a bit chewy. And my side of mac and cheese was decent, not memorable. But! We will give them another try with one of the other cuts of meat. I love a good steak!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank winemaven79

Granbury, Texas
“Early supper.....excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Went with my wife and son for a early supper on a Friday evening. We were seated almost immediately and the waitress was waiting for us. The squash poppers were very good as an appetizer. The hamburgers were perfect and my son's chicken fried steak (lunch portio) was in his words "very good." High praise from him. The service ws excellent and we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stdixon
DFW
“Boiled Ribeye?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate here for the seconf time yesterday. The first time, I was impressed, but that was about a year ago. I ordered the lunch Ribeye, with salad & baked potato. Salad was good. Baked potato was not as hot as I'd have liked. I had to ask for butter as it was so dry, even with the sour cream & butter they had already loaded it with. It had a good flavor, but just not that hot. Now to the Ribeye... it was about as thick as paper. It had grill marks on it, but the color of the meat was gray. I like a steak charred. It looked "wet". There was some kind of spices all over it & on the plate, it was tender enough, but it was so salty, I couldn't stand it. It looked as if it had been charred on the grate, then droped in liquid & boiled til it was done. GROSS. I tried a few more bites, but gave up. It was terrible. The server didn't even ask how it was, he just asked if I wanted a 'to go' box. I did, as we have wild Foxes in our pasture that we feed.

My husband ordered a cheeeburger with fies & he was satified. I won't go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank SRVFAN4EVR
Dallas/Fort Worth
“Normal Hoffbrau Quality..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't say that to be demeaning...Hoffbrau is always great! This one is no different...good service, great food, killer beer list...good location..what more could you want??

Visited August 2012
6 Thank Divinit
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We appreciate your kind comments re: our Hoffbrau Steaks and hope to see you back soon.
Best, Rainey Fogiel, Hoffbrau Steaks
Seymour, TX
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a long wait just to be seated and then another long wait just to order. Another LONG wait to actually get our food and several things were forgotten. No one ever came back around to ask if we wanted more tea or needed anything else. The food wasn't bad, when we finally got it. Will not be returning.

Visited August 2012
14 Thank Elesa R

Been to Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House? Share your experiences!