“Boiled Ribeye?”

Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House
Ranked #13 of 113 Restaurants in Granbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Hoffbrau Steaks was voted "one of Dallas' Best Chicken Fried Steak" by D Magazine. We are a family owned steak house, rustic and casual with a unique Texas atmosphere. We now proudly serve Premium Black Angus beef and an wide-ranging menu of chicken fried steaks, chicken, ribs, seafood, salads and burgers. We keep it Salt & Pepper Simple and make everything from scratch with love. Daily lunch specials are delicious and affordable. Large TV's are perfect for watching sports in our great bar. Come sample our extensive list of local, national and international beers in our fun bar. We love to cater for weddings, birthdays and office parties. Happy Hour is served from 4pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. Our quaint little town of Granbury is also home to the Granbury Opera House, built in the 1800's. Early to-mid 1800's German settlers, who helped develop the Hill Country of South Texas, also recreated their beloved "hoffbraus"or "beer gardens" where local townspeople, farmers and ranchers gathered to enjoy hearty meals and brewed beverages in a setting that was naturally casual yet humming with conversations and warm friendly service. What began as a "Hoffbrau" in South Texas truly was the origin of the Texas Hill Country Steakhouse... A tradition that our family has continued since opening Hoffbrau Steaks in 1978. Enjoy yourselves, our Texas hospitality... The great steaks and foods for which we are known. Many thanks, The Fogiel Family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate here for the seconf time yesterday. The first time, I was impressed, but that was about a year ago. I ordered the lunch Ribeye, with salad & baked potato. Salad was good. Baked potato was not as hot as I'd have liked. I had to ask for butter as it was so dry, even with the sour cream & butter they had already loaded it with. It had a good flavor, but just not that hot. Now to the Ribeye... it was about as thick as paper. It had grill marks on it, but the color of the meat was gray. I like a steak charred. It looked "wet". There was some kind of spices all over it & on the plate, it was tender enough, but it was so salty, I couldn't stand it. It looked as if it had been charred on the grate, then droped in liquid & boiled til it was done. GROSS. I tried a few more bites, but gave up. It was terrible. The server didn't even ask how it was, he just asked if I wanted a 'to go' box. I did, as we have wild Foxes in our pasture that we feed.

My husband ordered a cheeeburger with fies & he was satified. I won't go back.

12  Thank SRVFAN4EVR

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't say that to be demeaning...Hoffbrau is always great! This one is no different...good service, great food, killer beer list...good location..what more could you want??

6  Thank Divinit
rainey f, Owner at Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We appreciate your kind comments re: our Hoffbrau Steaks and hope to see you back soon.
Best, Rainey Fogiel, Hoffbrau Steaks

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a long wait just to be seated and then another long wait just to order. Another LONG wait to actually get our food and several things were forgotten. No one ever came back around to ask if we wanted more tea or needed anything else. The food wasn't bad, when we finally got it. Will not be returning.

14  Thank Elesa R
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We've eaten here twice and both times waited for more than 1/2 hour with no place to sit. But once in, service is friendly and efficient. I've had the sirloin and cat fish - both excellent. The hot bread served is delicious and the peach cobbler the best I've ever had. Love the screen door ceiling!

3  Thank preironic
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The atmosphere is fun, the servers are upbeat and the food is consistently great and cooked correctly!

2  Thank Patty F

Been to Hoffbrau Steak & Grill House? Share your experiences!