“Small lake beach”

Granbury City Beach
Ranked #5 of 44 things to do in Granbury
More attraction details
Owner description: New, white sandy beach with Tiki huts, pavilion and children's water features located adjacent to the new Granbury Resort Conference Center & Boardwalk.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Free parking. Wasn't crowded when we went, and the water was the perfect temperature, though we just waded a little in our shorts rather than swam. Very small beach area, and the swimming only goes out a little way before it is roped off. I can't imagine it would be a great place to go on weekends when it's crowded. Nice sandy area of beach, but not large, some shaded cabanas, and a splash park for the kids nearby, as well as restrooms and an outdoor shower. I enjoyed my short visit and wouldn't mine going back with a picnic lunch for an afternoon with the kids on an off-day.

There are newer reviews for Granbury City Beach

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Who would ever thought to find a sandy beach in the middle of North Texas!
The beach is a man-made beach park by a lake with imported sand and fashioned with a few beach huts. There is a suspended platform that you can walk across. Bathrooms are nearby with an outside shower heads.
We didn't go into the water, we just walked on the soft sand, and enjoyed the scenery. :-)

2  Thank 12Coffee
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I didn't really want to put the word "poop" in this review, but I think people need to be aware of the problem because it could be a health issue. This beach was in the news while we were there because it had just reopened after enough rain to bring the lake level up. From a distance it looked OK--the sand had been raked; kids were playing; tiki huts and tables weren't in too much disrepair. But at the waterline, it was awful. The first thing we noticed was trash in the water at the far edges of the beach--tires, bottles, cans, lumber, and foamy gunk on the surface. Then as we started walking along the edge of the water, we saw pile after pile of animal poop. I don't know if it's people walking their dogs or what, but it doesn't look like it's coming from ducks or other birds. The water was lapping over these piles and washing back out--all while kids were playing in it. How clean is this water for swimming? This beach has great potential as a fun and healthy place to be. Whoever is in charge of it needs to clean it up!

7  Thank TrishaHMoore
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a wonderful time during our two day stay in Granbury over the 4th of July, except for the city beach. We went knowing the water level to be low due to the drought, but also under the impression that the beach itself would be very clean based on reviews. Well, the cleanliness of the beach at the waterline was absolutely atrocious. After putting our chairs down, I noticed what looked like duck poop, and figured yes, to be expected near a lake, but then looking more carefully saw what seemed to be small dog or perhaps fox poop. I moved our stuff to get away from it but to no avail, There was not just a little in one area, but in many many places on the sand near the water. After seeing that I had a hard time relaxing because my child was running in and out of the water. I made her draw a line from me to the sand so she wouldn't step in it, but I had conscience troubles letting her even play in the water and near it, and was wondering if the water was contaminated from it as well. Too bad the city can't do some kind of water line clean up-it was gross and probably a health hazard. I am still in disbelief over it-perhaps it just looked like poop? Can someone verify my experience? Everything else in Granbury makes it worth the visit though.

4  Thank LittleBitOheaven
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It's sad to see the lake water level down so far because of the drought This little beach has it all . . . Great sand, picnic tables under little straw huts, place for a snack bar and a tiny water park for the little ones. The area needs some tremendous rains to bring the water level back up. In the meantime, the city could be taking advantage of the situation and remove the cans, bottles, broken tables, pipes/construction things, etc. from the water, particularly those that are closest to the beach area.

1  Thank Teresa S