“BEST STEAKHOUSE IN GRANBURY”
Review of Buffalo Gap Steakhouse - CLOSED

Buffalo Gap Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glen Rose, Texas
“BEST STEAKHOUSE IN GRANBURY”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is the best steak in Granbury. The DateNight Special is a bargain.

6 Thank texaspeach1955

Kingwood, Texas, United States
“Good experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The food was very good! They accomodated our family reunion for the meal and their attention to detail and the service was great. Thank you Biffalo Gap Steakhouse and we will come again.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank DoloresL132
Granbury, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money.”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had the misfortune of eating at this restaurant on June 5, 2012 and had the absolutely worst meal that I have ever paid for.

The menu was extremely limited and what was on the menu was way over priced when compared to what you got.

My wife had the top sirloin and I opted for the rib eye,

Both steaks could best be described as miniscule, i have had burgers at the local fast food restaurants that a bigger piece of meat. I was very tempted to ask the server if I could have someone take the rib eye out back and beat it with a hammer to tenderize it it was to tough.

The garlic mashed potatoes were lukewarm and the asparagus were quite crunchy. My wife had a salad blue cheese dressing, more dressing than salad and the entire salad looked like it had been chopped in a food processor.

The worst aspect of the meal where the flies, that swarmed through out the dining room.

All in all this was a very, very unpleasant dining experience!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank M D
Dallas, Texas
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

They have a dinner for two special and it is a great deal. We got the fish which was really good and had a great sauce with it and chicken fried steak. I also liked the mashed potatoes (get gravy on them).

Visited May 2012
5 Thank Caribbean99
Marshall, Texas
“Amazing place”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were a family reunion with 62 people, including a bunch of small kids. We had reserved space in the restaurant so we were not surprised we didn't have to wait. What shocked us, though, were the friendly faces of the waiters and waitresses, and the way they worked. After we got settled, they began taking orders. That is never easy with a crowd that size, but the servers were not rattled or impatient. To the contrary, they were friendly and helpful, even with the youngest kids and the oldest adults. I could not believe when the meals were served so quickly. Everyone commented on the delicious food, and it really was good, but what so impressed me was that no server had to ask "whose meal is this?"

I got fish and my wife got a steak. Both were high quality and cooked just right. We got dessert which was good, not great, but I doubt they serve many desserts there because the portions are large and the meals are really good.

Some of the kids sat with other kids instead of with their parents, and not all the adults sat together by family. Therefore, when the orders were taken, there was a lot of "I'm with him" or "Put her on my check." It was incredible that the checks were perfectly done - no mistakes, no hassles, no problem. I can't say enough about what the folks at Buffalo Gap Steakhouse did to make this a fun, enjoyable evening, featuring a very good dinner and giving us only good memories of our gathering. My hat is off to them!

• Visited May 2012