“Great food and service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went for a wedding rehearsal dinner and the group was very large. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The food was fantastic and had fried and grilled options. Lots of people ordered the chicken fried steak and I had the fried chicken. Everything was yummy. I was extremely disappointed that I didn't have room for dessert -- the banana pudding sounded amazing!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've actually been to Babe's a few time--several different locations, but they have all been excellent places to eat. I took my parents to the Babe's in Granbury, TX. While I do not make a habit of eating too much fried food, I had to go to Babe's. And, I am so glad I got my parents to go with me. It is a very simple menu with fried chicken, chicken fried steak (CFS), and other delectable fare that spell comfort food; especially for a native Texan! And while eating at a place like Babe's can kill you because so much is fried, you have to try it. The CFS is some of the best I have ever had (Country or Chicken Fried) with a lightly peppery gravy that does justice to the meat. And the sides were all done just like grandma used to do--perfectly. I highly recommend everyone who visits the DFW area try Babe's for a true down home Texas culinary experience!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a great little restaurant. We live just down the street from the Roanoke location but can't stand to go there. It is dirty and we actually had a dead lizard fall on our table during eating and the management didn't even car. BUT this location is clean, the staff and management was GREAT and were able to put a group of 10 at a table and we had food within 30 minutes! The chicken and the biscuits (add some molasses and butter to them or use the gravy) were AWESOME...the sides were not so great. The salad comes out with just lettuce...yes that's right just lettuce. A big bowl of lettuce. They could do away with that and save you some $$ on your meal. The creamed corn was very sweet and really looks just like someone already chewed on it a while and put it back in the bowl. Not good. The green beans were slightly overcooked and would have been better with a little less time on the heat. The mashed potatoes were in need of a little texture so they seemed to be instant. So skip the sides and just have chicken and biscuits!

The restaurant was very clean and nicely kept. The hall to the bathroom and the interior bathrooms smelled and could use a refurb since they were so outdated.

The staff was very friendly and fun. The line dances were too loud and we couldn't talk across the table when that was going on. If we had younger children then it probably would have been better because they would have participated. Our teens didn't really want to do that part.

We will be back again when we return for the great shops and antiques in a few months.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had to wait a bit to be seated
Food was excellent!!
Fun atmosphere once we were seated and eating :)
Kids had lots of fun!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

An old H/S friend took me there for dinner, and what a great dinner it was! Just of the historical square on Pearl Street (or the drag to those of us who grew up in Granbury). The portions are large, so go hungry! And if you run out of any veggies, just ask for more, they are HAPPY to feed you more veggies! The food is served homestyle, just like at your Grandma's table, where everyone passes the bowl around! The veggies taste like they came out of her garden, not a can! Fresh, fresh, fresh is what you get there! If you are looking for a little comfort from the "old days," this is the place you want to go! The staff are friendly and make you feel like family, the service is outstanding (they are ALWAYS glad to see you), and the food will put you in a happy place! I can promise you will be more than satisfied when you leave! Best fried chicken outside your Momma or Grandma's kitchen!! My mouth is watering as I write this!