“Small Town Relaxation!”

Manor of Time - A Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 18 Granbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved, loved, loved our stay at the Manor of Time. We arrived right at check-in and were greeted by the owner, David. He went above and beyond to make our stay spectacular, with stories, activity suggestions, dining recommendations -- just plain ole great company! The house is in a residential neighborhood, just 2 blocks from the square and 1 block from the lake, and we were lucky enough to be the only guests during our stay (so we were quite spoiled). We stayed in the Yellow Blossom Suite, which is the only downstairs room. It had 2 comfortable twin beds, ceiling fan, flat screen TV with satellite, wi-fi, toiletries, and even mints on our pillows. Warm cookies in the evening were a nice treat before we headed out to dinner, but breakfast takes the cake (see photos). Another great feature was the little sunroom off the house -- great for an evening glass of wine, reading, or just enjoying a cup of coffee before breakfast. There's also a hot tub in the back, but we ran out of time. Trust me when I tell you -- stay at the Manor of Time and you'll be glad!

Room Tip: Loved the privacy of the downstairs room (the other 3 are upstairs).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cstokely

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We picked this place because of the location to downtown and wasn't let down. We walked to the Opera house for the night showing in dress shoes without the slightly problem. We enjoyed the rooms, that were clean and comfortable. The "inn keepers" were friendly and wonderful cooks! There is not one bad thing I can say about it. Granbury had unique shops that we spent two days exploring, The Opera house was perfect with the traveling troupe of actors from new york showcasing their wonderful talent. Would recommend and will attend again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King suite but all the rooms were charming - you can't choose wrong.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Hollye D
Reviewed December 15, 2010

My husband booked us a room here for our 8 year wedding anniversary in June. We stayed in Samantha Gail's Sanctuary. It was beautiful. They didn't leave one detail out. The breakfast on Sunday morning was something to really brag about, the presentation and hospitality. I hated to leave. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets felt wonderful. I believe each room has their own private and full bathroom. Before we left we looked at each room and from what I can remember each room had private bath's. The house is beautiful and we will definately return again one day. We loved our stay, the house and everything about it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank delatorres
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stay one nite at Manor of time and was our first time at a B&B. Well it was wonderful . Walking distance to town and breastfast was so good. Our room was so nice and pretty. I would go again and stay here again. This was a great get away for my daughter and myself. The hostess Gail was wonderful also felt very welcome. This is the best place to stay in Granbury.

• Stayed: October 2010
5  Thank FortWorthBlonde
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My girlfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays and we chose the Manor of Time B&B primarily for its 4-course gourmet breakfast and second for its proximity to the historic downtown square. I had been to Granbury earlier in the year with my husband and during our evening walk we had passed the Manor of Time B&B and commented how immaculate the grounds were and how inviting the house looked. I've never had a better B&B experience! The inside of the house was spotless, beautifully decorated in every room, fresh flowers everywhere and our hosts, Diane & Barry Williams, treated us like royalty, anticipating and providing for every need. We chose the bright and cheerful Yellow Blossom Suite because of the twin beds (not easy to find a room with twin beds at most B&B's). Our private bath was just right and had more than enough towels. The breakfast Sunday morning exceeded our expectations...oh my it was fabulous and the elegant dining table was simpley breathtaking! All of us were in awe of the incredibly delicious food prepared by Diane, and by Barry's impeccable service. We were even served breakfast dessert! I can hardly wait to go again with my husband. I had planned to stay at another B&B on my next trip to Granbury, but that won't happen as long as Diane & Barry are the hosts! We love you!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MawPaw
Reviewed March 16, 2005

The Manor of Time is a wonderful Bed and Breakfast just a couple of blocks from the Historic Square in Granbury. Gail Joyce, the owner, is a fantastic decorator and we particularly liked the Granbury Rose Room and the Colonel's Room. We stayed in the Granbury Rose Room. There are TV's and DVD's in every room. We like that, because we like to watch the news at night. Breakfast was delicious. I think anyone would have a great time there.