“Horrible Experience!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Wow, I have never in my life ever checked into a hotel and demanded a refund in a 2-hour time frame! What a horrible experience. We left and drove home that very night! If you choose to stay at this hotel, please be aware that if you use the pool area that the management allows children to do "cannon balls" in the pool. So if you are looking for a tranquil swim, you may want to choose another hotel. (Yes, it is noted in the pool rules, that there is "no diving", but "cannon balls" are OK) Really!!! You have to ask yourself, why would this be allowed when you are indoors and the pool is only approx. 12 ft. x 20 ft. Even after contacting management, who did not seem concerned...I will definitely choose another hotel chain (No Hilton's for me if this is how they run their properties) in the future. (You've heard the phrase "shame on me once"...well, with all of the other hotel chains out there, I will definitely go out of my way to book with another chain of hotels...I won't need a second time to give this chain of hotels a second chance".

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rlhasty
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Granbury

Reviewed November 2, 2010

I give the hotel and town of Granbury an A+. Staff was so friendly and accomodating. The food delicious, service incredilbe and I never felt rushed. The atomosphere cozy with all facilities that I needed and very clean! The town is in walking distance and so adorable and quaint. This location and hotel was exactly what I was looking for and filled with more surprises than expected like the private beach area. The boardwalk is lovely with soft music playing from the old fashioned lamp posts. I would most certainly go back again and feel proud to share the wonderful experience. I met people from all over the world. There were non-guests who came to eat at the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner because of the good food, service and company! I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury Texas!

Cathy Ryan-O'Connell

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband had a room in Granbury for a few days on business, and me and the kids were able to tag along. This is the second year we've done this, at this same Hilton, and I'll give input on both times we've stayed.

August 2009 - The first time I stayed, we had major problems. The hotel was pretty new, so maybe that's the issue, but every time I tried to get into our room with the card, my card would never work. I was tugging along a 1yr and 3yr old, so it was a big hassle to get locked out of the room. We went to the front desk and had both mine and my husbands cards reissued and while my husband was in business meetings, I was locked out of the room again because my card wouldn't work. We just shared a card after that.
The next day, I took the kids down for breakfast and I had assumed "continental breakfast" meant complimentary, but there was an itty-bitty sign on one of the walls that said it cost. I had already made both of the kids a plate, so while I was certainly irritated, I just bit my tongue. I got our check and went to pay, but the lady told me that she wasn't going to charge babies to eat, although she was very snotty when she said it. I wasn't complaining in the least and was fully prepared to pay for both kids, since I didn't take the time to ask if breakfast was included, so I felt the attitude she gave was uncalled for. I wasn't asking for freebies (especially if they're so grudgingly given).

August 2010- No problems. I can't say that anything was above average, but it was a nice stay. Rooms were clean, the hotel is next to the public beach and down the street from historic downtown Granbury, so it was nice. We didn't eat at the buffet, and I was pleased to see that they had redone the former breakfast area so that it now looked like a restaurant and I don't think anyone would get a wrong impression on the non-free food. No problems with our room cards this time either. I'm much happier with the hotel, although we didn't pay for our stay, so I may be biased. It's a great location, but not necessarily luxury living.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
HGIGranbury, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

Thank you for your response. We are always searching for ways to enhance the overall guest experience and we certainly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Management Team

Reviewed June 29, 2010

The parking lot was empty so thinking the hotel was far from full I asked the guy at the front desk for a lake view. He told me he could not change my room because I made the reservation online. I asked why that was and I was told due to a price difference. I asked how much the price difference was. He then said it does not matter the computer will not let me change rooms no matter what the price. I thought about protesting but I had the strange feeling he might be a member of some kind of christian militia.

When I got to the room I tried running some business reports. It was taking forever so I checked the internet speed. It was running at a whopping 1 meg. Well at least I had a hot shower. Oh wait there was no hot water.

On the positive side. I must say I had a great view of an empty parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank gwilsonDallas
Reviewed May 7, 2010

The Hilton was a great experience! I stayed there for business. I traveled alone and they made me feel extremely welcome. I stayed there on my second night of travel and wish I stayed there both nights! Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, extremely friendly service, and clean amenities! I would recommend this to my friends. I had a great stay. My experience was definitely worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
HGIGranbury, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2010

Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2010

Location - Excellent not far town & man made beach is very close
Room- jr suite is very good and modern with nice lake views.
Staff- most of them friendly and professional
Breakfast- standard, nothing to write home
Nice hotel to take a break !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
HGIGranbury, Hotel Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2010

Thank you for the great feedback and glad to know you enjoyed your stay. The beach is a big attraction here! Thanks again

Reviewed January 2, 2010

I was relieved to know that a Hilton had opened in Granbury and made reservations about 1.5 months prior to visit. We had requested a "lake view". Upon checkin (3pm) we arrived to a semi empty parking lot and when asked about the "lake view" the staffer laughed and said, "all those filled up like two weeks ago". (refer to my first statements about when I made reservations). The room was nice due to it being so new but, we noticed that the walls were quite thin. The WORST part of our stay was the bed! I am a big fan of down bedding, but, it felt like a 500+ pound person had slept on our bed and had worn down the outline of his body on the bed! I felt like my chest area was in a ravine and my hips were at the top of the hill with another decline in elevation toward my feet! the pillow was about a wide at the bed so this would mean as your body rises out of the ravine, you head is stretched to reach the pillow! (I hope that makes sense) Woke up with a HUGE headache!!!! I travel with a small fan and earplugs which I would recommend for anybody that ignores this warning and stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family