“Simply lovely!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Texas
“Simply lovely!”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We loved our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The property was surprisingly beautiful and comfortable for the price. We got a great rate which included breakfast both mornings. There was always coffee and fruit available and cookies were at the front desk in the afternoon. The front desk was very helpful with suggestions for dinner and with information on local sites to see.

Draw backs - the ice machine was VERY loud and we could hear it several doors down in our room - it sounded like a motor boat on the lake. Also the indoor pool (which is one of the reasons we picked this hotel) had discolored pool bottom (mildew?) and the hot tub had an odor and greenish water.

Even with the drawbacks we felt this was an excellent hotel fro the price - a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting that was close to many activities. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The walls are paper thin. I could hear my next door neighbor coughing throughout the night. The "continental breakfast" is $10.95! (Would somebody please explain to these people what continental breakfast means?!) But, for the price I paid, I expected to be able to use the business travelers' amenities. The desk in my room had a sign on it that said the directions for wireless on-line access and remote printing (the printer was on the 1st floor) were in the drawer. I found in the drawer--nothing. I asked for directions at the front desk. Although it was barely 4 in the afternoon, I was told that housekeeping had those directions, and I wouldn't be able to get them until the next day. I asked to have directions left in the room the next morning, but when I returned that afternoon--NO directions. Also, they were very stingy with the shampoo, coffee, etc. I used 1 of 2 coffee stirrers and 1 of 2 sugars the first day, and found that they weren't replaced so I had only 1 stirrer and sugar the next day. What if I'd had a guest? Or wanted a 2nd cup? I could have stayed at hotels across the street for 1/2 the price since I didn't have access to the business amenities or even 1/2 the service I expect of a Hilton.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank ACTraveler12
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at the Hilton Garden Inn and the hotel was perfect. The staff was so accomodating and made our stay truly memorable. Hotel location is top notch. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I were in Granbury for a quick getaway close to home which included a Sunday matinee at the Granbury Opera, dining, shopping and (don't laugh) a combined dental visit to a clinic in town on Monday. The Hilton, which is a short 5 minute walk to the town square (although we opted to drive and park by the courthouse due to the heat), opened July 2008 and is well located on the lake next to the convention center, a small public beach with shower/restroom faciliities and concession stand and across the street from a public boat ramp. There is a boardwalk behind the hotel/conv. center which leads onto a pier traversing a portion of the lake and winding back onto the beach. The shallow water from the pier to beach is ideal for young children, and we saw several families staying at the hotel who took advantage of this set-up.

I took advantage of the bed and breakfast package when I booked online, which only added $10 to the room rate. There is a wide selection of food available with do it yourself waffles, cereals, toast, yogurt, beverages and a cook ready to make egg dishes. It was nothing to write home about but certainly was adequate. We did not utilize room service for either lunch or dinner (dining in the restaurant doesn't appear to be an option for these meals), but I will say the prices were reasonable even when considering an automatic 17% tip and $2.00 room delivery charge.

I had booked a cityview room, but asked for an upgrade to a lakeview room when we arrived noting that the hotel had emptied out from the weekend rush. I could've gotten the upgrade for the normal lakeview rate so decided to just stick with the cityview room (I had hoped for no extra charge or at least a break). Since none of the rooms have balconies, and we are not talking a major lake here folks, it was not a big deal.

The room itself was quite adequate and well-appointed. My favorite features were the spotless comfortable bed with good pillows and coffee hutch which included a mini-fridge, microwave and a small drawer and shelf area. The shower was pleasant with its roominess, see-through glass and adjustable head.

The small indoor pool with hot tub looked adequate for adults, but I seriously doubt a family with children would be enthralled for long. The pool/spa room was adjacent to the small fitness area.

This hotel was designed for short stays of one or two nights at most. All in all a pleasant experience, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janea54
Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2009

A group of 20-25 ladies gathered at this hotel for a weekend in Granbury. We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations, the service, the staff ... everything was perfect! Will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2009

The Hilton Garden Inn was clean, easily accessible, and a great place to stay. We visited Glen Rose, but honestly could have stayed at the hotel for the entire weekend. The rooms were clean, the staff was pleasant, the restaurant was good, the prices were reasonable, the pool was indoors...... There was also a little beach area on the lake and my kids thought it was GREAT. If you are looking for a close getaway location from Dallas, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed March 23, 2009

They could not have done a worse job. They messed up so bad they offered another free stay, and they made it even worse when we stayed there (and this was theire "we'll make it up to you'"stay)! Steer clear of this place. The staff is trained to be rude, crude, insulting and horrible, and it comes from the manager on down.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple