“Great Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Florence, SC, United States
“Great Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The facility, service, and room rates were excellent! The hotel is lakeside with a wonderful boardwalk and a little lakeside beach area. The community was divine! We went to see a play at the historical opera house, went shopping for antiques, and loved the local Texas cuisine which included a monster size chicken fried steak. No traffic, free downtown parking, and free community wi-fi. The downtown restaurants and stores are within walking distance of the hotel. We'll be going back in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Thomas S,

Great Comments! Thank you very much, I will be sure to pass along to our team here! Please let me know when y'all return, I would love to have you as our guests for breakfast!

Jason Stinnette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I will start with the good. The rooms are always very clean and wonderful. Absolutely love that it's right of the lake and I wish I had gotten a room with a view. There is always alot to do around town and if your not willing to spend money on their breakfast(which I did not find the best) then I suggest you go to the Firehouse Cafe about a mile or 2 away.

And now for the bad. First of all, a friend of mine had rented the room and I was meeting them there. I went to the front desk when i first got there to get a key expecting to have to show my id or do something to prove who I am (I work at a hotel and am accustomed to the rules and what not) but all I said was I need a key for room 216 and they made me one and handed to me instantly. Never even questioned who I was which made me feel like my stuff was unsafe cause anyone could get into my room. And at one point when I was there I had forgotten my shoes in the pool area when I got out right before 10. I went back to try and get them but they told me they could not open the door for the pool after 10 and would have to wait till morning to get them. And when I went down in the morning they were gone and the front desk did not have them. I had stayed 2 nights and on the second day I did not want my room cleaned so I had said something to the front desk not to clean my room and had my do not disturb sign on the door and yet there I was getting dressed after a shower and I turn around after hearing the door open to see a maid standing right there saying she was here to clean the room. She did not knock or anything, just walked right in.

Like I said earlier, I liked it for the most part, but I definitely think the staff needs to be retrained or something.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dani J
Dear Dani J,

I am very sorry to hear of your negative experiance here with us. I apologize for our front desk making you feel unsecure. I do hope you'll come back to see us in the future so that we may show you why we are an industry leader in hospitality.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

we stay at this hotel frequently as we have family nearby and the hotel staff is always helpful and courteous. The hotel itself is ideally located on the beautiful lake and near the downtown area. We always look forward to staying at this particular hotel. The breakfast is a full, hot and custom meal and brought to the table by a courteous staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear gholmgreen,

We always look forward to your return. Please grab me next time your in, I love to meet our frequent flyers!

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel gets a "Very Good" from me because it has a great location on Lake Granbury, which was up a little and made the lake view room worthwhile. The boardwalk that goes around the hotel and out to the edge of the lake is nice. It also takes you to a small lakefront beach that would be nice if it was cleaned up. This is a conference hotel, which may make it a little uncomfortable for leisure travelers. Nearly every time we went in and out of the building we had to wade through a large, noisy crowd that congregated in the lobby from the elevators all the way to the front door. It was so constant for the two days we were there that I asked a desk clerk if the hotel scheduled meetings in the lobby. He said no, but that it was a "madhouse" at times. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area, but the pool is a little small. The staff was friendly and helpful, but they may have been understaffed for the amount of business they had--our room didn't get made up until 2:30. We didn't try the restaurant because there are really great places to eat nearby. It's close enough to the shopping district that you could walk, but we decided to drive over--there was plenty of free parking. Overall, our stay at this hotel was pleasant.

Room Tip: If you're paying extra for the lake view, get the 3rd floor if you can. We were on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TrishaHMoore,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel and team here, I'll be sure to pass them along.

Daytona Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

After so many poor experiences of late, this place was fantastic!!!! The sleep number bed was great. Fantastic night's sleep. Loved the view from my room. Breakfast was great and so was the staff. Everyone was so nice. Great place to stay. Will use upon my return visits and highly recommend to anyone who wants a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Andrea S,

WOW!! Great Comments on our staff and hotel! We really appreciate it! Let me know of your return to the HGI Granbury. I'd love to meet you and the family.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The amenities were good (pool, breakfast, beds were comfortable, etc…), housekeeping excellent, remainder of staff may need a touch up. Nitpicking maybe, but with the water so low in the lake, it may be a good time to remove the debris along the shore. Otherwise the charming boardwalk overlooking beautiful Lake Granbury would have been very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Paullunny,

Great News! The HGI Granbury is now sitting on a lake again. You'll have to come back out and revisit us!

Festus, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Beds were very comfortable. Food could be better in restaurant, eggs were bland, no taste to them. Bacon was gross. We were there for a family reunion and none of my other family members were offered the breakfast add on to the cost of their room when they booked their reservation over the phone- disappointing. Not enough staff at the front desk during check out times, had to wait for at least 15 minutes in a line of people to say that I was leaving. I was amazed at the size of the so called pool. Why bother? It was ridiculously small, more like a oversized tub. I would think that such a beautiful hotel or resort could provide a much nicer swimming pool even if the lake water would be at normal height for people to swim at the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Penny H,

I apologize that the HGI offered such an awful experience for you and your family. We do hope to see you all in the future so that we may offer you a better experience.