“Weekend getaway”

Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very nice....clean, comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Love the lake view....Left our blinds open at night for a romantic ambiance and it was great. The reflection of the lights on the water made for a very romantic setting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Randy M,

Wow, you paint a very vivid picture that describes the HGI to a T. Thank you!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Even though I was there on business, I would stay there for a weekend fun trip as well. The hotel is close to downtown with wonderful shops available. There is a wonderful waterfront beach by the hotel which is very relaxing. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise over the water was nice.

Patti,

As a team, we love working here just for those reasons. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been in this hotel on a weekly basis during the last 4 months. People is very well trained and very friendly. Highly recommend this hotel for any type of travel, business or leisure. God views and proximity to historical places a plus.

Dear Jose F,

Great Comments! Thank you very much, the team will receive their recognition at our employee celebration this month.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Lake side of hotel has extremely loud wind noise making it difficult to sleep. Be very careful to check the name on your key envelope, they gave me someone elses key and i was in their room before i realized the problem. Also make sure to check to make sure the adjustable bed works before settling in.

1  Thank Shawn S

Dear Shawn S.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here with us. Unfortunately being directly on the lake from time to time we do receive the wind. It isn’t very often it blows hard enough to hear however, I am sorry you experienced one of those moments. You will be happy to hear that we are in the process of switching our sleep number beds to Serta Perfect Sleepers for your comfort. Please let me know of your return to the HGI Granbury as we would like to have you as our guest for breakfast.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything in the hotel was in very good condition, the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. I would highly recommend a stay here, it is definitely one of the nicest Garden Inns I have stayed at. The bathroom felt like it had been recently remodeled with a big walk in shower.

1  Thank Allison T

Dear Allison T,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our HGI and team here. I will be sure to pass them along for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Granbury for my father-in-laws funeral Dec. 27th. I made reservations at the Hilton Garden because they are know for their cleanliness and quality. Were we ever disappointed! We arrived at about 11:00am, the funeral was at 1:00pm. When we arrived in our room they had told us about the beds adjusting from firm to soft. While looking for the adjustment dial I pulled back the bedspread to find "pubic" hair on the sheets. I was appalled and immediately called Guest Services. Even though we had completely unpacked we repacked and moved to another room. It was getting close to time to leave for the funeral and as sat on the edge of the bed, putting on my shoes, I noticed the picture on the wall beside the bed had something on it. Upon closer examination I saw that it was a globe of white human bodily fluids that had been ejected onto the picture. I nearly threw up. We had to leave so on the way out I stopped at the front desk, told them abut this new discovery and told them I wanted the room cleaned while we were gone as we did not have time to move to yet another room. Then, the morning we were leaving we went to the restaurant in the hotel to eat. I unwrapped my silverware and found I had a knife that had never made it to the dishwasher. After all this I never heard one word of apology from the management, no offer to make things right, nothing. I would not recommend this hotel to my dog.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DSain
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

DSain,

I am very sorry to hear of your negative experience here with us. I have addressed your issues with our Housekeeping department & restaurant. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time 817-579-3800 to let me know of a solution that will help to change your image of our team and hotel.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've stayed in hilton garden inns before..this was so bad. The bed was so hard my lower back hurt the next day. It was suppose to be a fancy bed that you could adjust, i just think it was broken. That is not all, when I went to check in ..I"m standing looking all around the lobby, no one there, except a few people in the bar, and one in the lounge area watching tv.. After 5 mins the person in louge area watching tv was the guest clerk.. He never said anything about welcome, just here's your keys..nothing about hotels or where to go. The next morning, I am looking around for guest clerk person..same thing..different person..she is watching tv....So very sad being this is such a beautiful hotel with a beautiful location.

Room Tip: I was advised beakfast wasn't ready on time because someone called off. They only had one thing...