“Excellent Staff All Around”

Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband works in Granbury, which is 90 minutes away from home. He works long hours aside from the long drive, and comes home exhausted. We decicded to stay in Granbury with him one weekend. The staff is great, very friendly. Scotty and Peggy were there during breakfast and were amazing. After my husband left for work while we were still eating breakfast, Peggy took over. I didn't have to lift a finger. My kids loved the indoor pool, and being by the lake.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Madalyn M,

We are very pleased to have had the opportunity to serve you and your family. We strive to be the industry leader in hospitality here in Granbury. It sounds as if you've found your home away from home. Please let me know of your next visit to the HGI in Granbury as we would love to have you as our guest for breakfast.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hilton, of course, is a nice hotel and the location -- right on the lake -- makes for some beautiful views. The sunrise comes up over the lake for some really nice photos. It is adjacent to the convention center, so staying at this Hilton is perfect for any conventions there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

TXMike,

We are glad to have had the opportunity to share our beautiful property with you. We look forward to having you stay with us again. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team here at the HGI Granbury.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is our fourth year to use the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury, Texas. each year we have received stellar service. The people are friendly and professional. They care about doing a job well. They attended to our specific needs with rooms and food. The food was fabulous and the service personnel was outstanding. From the front desk to the management to all in between, the crew was wonderful. We love the people at the Hilton Granbury.
Tracy Crow
Tim Fulfer
Scotty Smitherman
Anthony See
Terri Mauldin

Room Tip: Any room here is great. But ask for the lake views. Wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on the staff here at the HGI in Granbury Texas. I truly believe we have an outstanding team here and they prove it everyday!

Thank you again for choosing to have your event with us each year, we look forward to 2014.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I want to thank Jason, Peggy, Denise and the entire staff for a wonderful weekend for my wife and I. They made our weekend getaway feel extra special by going the extra mile and making my wife feel special and honoring me as a loyal Hilton guest. The view of the lake from our room was nothing short of awesome and the staff was courteous and attentive in every way.

They clearly exceeded our expectations and is THE PLACE to stay when visiting or traveling through Granbury, Texas. The convenient location to walk to the historic Granbury square was fantastic as well as the wonderful water views from the hotel.

Thank you again to Jason, Denise, Peggy and the wonderful staff at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury for their exceptional service and the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with the lake view are unbeatable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

SHANE!!

Great comments! You and your wife defiantly deserved every minute of the R&R you received. It was truly our pleasure to help you have the weekend of a lifetime. You'll have to come back and visit us again!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went for our wedding anniversary and the stay was awesome! However, they were short staff but the staff worked VERY HARD TO PLEASE everyone. They did an outstanding job, working from desk and then busting tables and serving guest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff, I will be sue to pass along the news to our team. I have also given the okay to expand our exceptional team in every department.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Hilton brand has a real winner In the Garden Inn in granbury,Tx. The view of the lake from my room was Beautiful, it really help to calm a busy day. The staff was great and really did an outstanding job. The sleep number bed was really nice, i'm now considering buying one for my home.Even though this was a business trip i will be back for a vacation trip and try the fishing on that outstanding lake the locals are telling me about.also Peggy was juat outstanding!!!

Room Tip: ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear William G,

Thank you for your outstanding comments! we look forward to seeing you for that fishing trip. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Peggy, the staff love to see their names mentioned at our meetings!

Have a great week!

HGI Granbury TX

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Enjoyed our stay about 9 months ago, so we thought we'd try again. The decrease in quality was small but critical, and I'm afraid is just the beginning of the end. When I called to make the reservation, had to talk to two people--the first couldn't get the computer to work, and the second successfully took the reservation, but never offered a confirmation number, just quickly thanked me and hung up. Arrived at 3:15 to find one beleaguered employee trying in vain to get guest after guest checked in, only to be told each time she checked with housekeeping that the room in question would be ready in 10 minutes...or so. Her computer wasn't helping the situation either, but it's hard to believe that any manager would leave just one person at the desk alone at 3pm. Finally got into the room at 3:45, to an odd and unpleasant smell coming from the drain in the middle of the bathroom floor (only lake view room had roll in shower)...it was faint enough that keeping the door to the bathroom closed kept it contained. At 9pm, walked into the bar, and found a very sweet but apprehensive bar tender who greeted us not with "Hello, how are you tonight?" but by telling us very firmly she could not provide us with any food--apparently someone had been rude about nachos earlier...we didn't want any, and our drinks were fine. Additionally, some coworker who should have stayed until 9 had left her in a lurch. At 9:30, we left the bar and picked up a few things in the well-stocked "Pantry," but we had to go back to the bar to tell the bar tender what we'd taken because no one could be found at the desk.
My husband was convinced the quality was falling at that point, and I began to agree at breakfast the next morning. Clearly understaffed, one of the chefs came out to clear away dishes so that new diners could sit. There were cold scrambled eggs, yogurt past the expiration date, and the coffee was absolutely undrinkable--honestly, I went back and made the in-room coffee and it was better! Finally, we couldn't check out on the TV--a hassle, but not tragic, I guess.
When I watch "Hotel: Impossible" the host always discovers low level employees working as hard as they can without the supplies and/or staff they need, but slowly slipping into the bad attitude that bad management produces. I don't know how the management staff is organized here, but I'd guess...poorly.
This place has such a great location and I know it's been better. PLEASE make some changes, hire a few more people, and pay more attention to details and cleanliness. This could be a GREAT place. Don't give up!

Room Tip: Lake view room really worth it...very pretty view. Suites not worth the extra money unless you need...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Popscicle,

I do apologize for your negative experience you've encountered at our hotel. We are currently in the process of re-staffing the areas you’ve spoken about and building our team. Thank you for bringing these disappointments to my attention; it is feedback from our guests that creates change. We strive to be the industry leader in customer service and in the hospitality industry. As I have been the GM of our beautiful property for six months now, we have and will continue to put in place action plans to make our HGI your home away from home.
I sincerely hope to see you again in the future so that we may show you that we are the HGI you know and travel with.

Thank you for your time.

Hilton Garden Inn, Granbury TX

Also consider these accommodations in or near Granbury
1 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Granbury
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Granbury? Share your experiences!