“Very nice facility, however.......”

Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
La Grange, Texas
“Very nice facility, however.......”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Yes, this is a very nice facility. However, after spending 3 nights in the Hampton Inn (a Hilton property) in downtown St Louis, we were disappointed. We received a free breakfast each morning, a very nice breakfast. This facility doesn't offer the free breakfast and it is more expensive to boot. We were told we would have a 'town view'. That turned out to be a slight view of town, but mostly air conditioning units of the hotel. It took several times trying to reach the facility by phone. The phone would finally ring over to the main number for Hilton, and I prefer to speak with someone from the property where I want to stay.
The room was very clean and comfortable, no complaints in that regard,.
There was no spa on this property. I accidentally touched that area of the review, and couldn't change it. So sorry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I do apologize for your experience at our property. The Hilton family has many brands that cater to all. Hampton Inns for example have the free breakfast. Hilton Garden Inns have a fresh, made to order breakfast that we feel is of greater value. We are currently reviewing the cost of our breakfast. We are also having our Chief Engineer look into all of our air-conditioning units. Thank you for your response, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Jason Stinnette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Farwell, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wedding Oct 13 2012, Wedding planned outside on boardwalk which is beautiful. Started raining 10 minutes before service, Stephen and Scotty stepped up to the task to get us moved in with chairs etc, music and food tables Went above and beyond!!! Thank you!! Katja at front desk is very helpful. Thanks for making it a beautiful day

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hey GottaCruise50

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our staff here at the HGI Granbury. I am very pleased that your wedding reception was a hit. Those are the most important times and we want to help make them the best memories for you as possible.

I will be sure to pass along your thoughtful comments to our staff. Congratulations!
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked my room in late April for a conference in september at a special group rate. I checked in today and my room on second floor has a large Trane AC unit outside the window so my view is of the unit mounted on cement. It is also loud and I can hear it in the room. I asked to be moved and was told hotel was full and that my room was one of two types in the group rate. In other words, so sorry. I asked why I was not warned of the terrible view and noise as I would have paid more. No answer...others on the group rate who made reservations after mine received lake view so I do not believe the clerk's explanation that I got what I paid for. I asked if I could try and find another hotel as this was unsatisfactory. I was told would be charged a cancellation fee so am stuck. As an honors member, I am unhappy and will nec stay in another Hilton property.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. Poor service, poor room, challenging shower access. Comfort suites much clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you to try and remedy the situation. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice accommodations on Lake Granbury. Everything is clean and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. The thermostat worked well which is very important to me for the hot days and nights in Texas. The bathroom lighting is great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PackedAndReady75
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Outstanding!! We are pleased that you have found your little get away here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury. I will be sure to pass along your encouraging comments to our team here. Thank you for your stay, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Jason Stinnette
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We took a mini road trip to Granbury, Texas. After enjoying walking by town square and visiting museums, we decided to spend the night. While driving, we saw this hotel and liked what we saw. At first we thought it was going to be over priced but to our surprise it was just right. As soon as we walked in, it smelled new. From to top to bottom everything was extremely clean. It is located right by the lake. We will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Novinavi
Thank you for your great response! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very nice hotel on Lake Granbury. Public areas were very clean and inviting. Especially welcoming is the outdoor, lakeside walkway that connects the Hilton to the nearby Granbury Resort Conference Center.

Sleeping rooms are large with both a microwave and a small in-room refrigerator. The rooms have Garden Sleep System beds with dials for adjustable firmness. Supposedly, adjust your number -- give the bed 15-30 minutes -- and you'll have a mattress firmness to your liking. (I personally like a mid-range mattress so I didn't gain a lot from playing with the dial.)

The only in-room complaints that I might have would be (1) a slightly inconvenient layout in the bathroom (The shower door opens a bit awkwardly so you'll probably want to use one of the large bath towel in the place of a small bath mat to stand on.) and (2) a sometimes very slow in-room internet speed. It seemed to fluctuate for no apparent reason and at no particular time, but it was free so I'm not sure it's worth a lot of space.

HELPFUL HINT:
1. The on-site restaurant has a very nice (and, for a hotel, affordable) buffet with both hot and cold items for $10.95 including tax. If you want only the cold items, you can make it out for $5.95.

2. On the other hand, if you want soft drinks or snacks, you'll probably want to make a short trip to the nearby Brookshires grocery. $2.44 for a 20-ounce soft drink seems a bit expensive when you can pick up a one-liter just down the street for $1.07.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay for a few days, spring for the extra $10.00 and reserve a lake view room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Especially crisp and clean room furnishings! The upscale bed, as good a bed as the Luxuty collection hotels heavenly beds, is a wow factor-- great night's sleep! I was here to attend a wedding and didn't expect much from this room, but I loved the room and I Loved my stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family