All reviews convention center lake granbury great hotel lake view city beach close to downtown excellent stay omelet indoor pool glen rose visiting granbury family reunion get away wonderful experience lobby hgi square
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wedding Oct 13 2012, Wedding planned outside on boardwalk which is beautiful. Started raining 10 minutes before service, Stephen and Scotty stepped up to the task to get us moved in with chairs etc, music and food tables Went above and beyond!!! Thank you!! Katja at front desk is very helpful. Thanks for making it a beautiful day

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Hey GottaCruise50

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our staff here at the HGI Granbury. I am very pleased that your wedding reception was a hit. Those are the most important times and we want to help make them the best memories for you as possible.

I will be sure to pass along your thoughtful comments to our staff. Congratulations!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked my room in late April for a conference in september at a special group rate. I checked in today and my room on second floor has a large Trane AC unit outside the window so my view is of the unit mounted on cement. It is also loud and I can hear it in the room. I asked to be moved and was told hotel was full and that my room was one of two types in the group rate. In other words, so sorry. I asked why I was not warned of the terrible view and noise as I would have paid more. No answer...others on the group rate who made reservations after mine received lake view so I do not believe the clerk's explanation that I got what I paid for. I asked if I could try and find another hotel as this was unsatisfactory. I was told would be charged a cancellation fee so am stuck. As an honors member, I am unhappy and will nec stay in another Hilton property.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel. Poor service, poor room, challenging shower access. Comfort suites much cleaner, nicer, better service, bigger cheaper.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you to try and remedy the situation. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nice accommodations on Lake Granbury. Everything is clean and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. The thermostat worked well which is very important to me for the hot days and nights in Texas. The bathroom lighting is great!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank PackedAndReady75
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Outstanding!! We are pleased that you have found your little get away here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Granbury. I will be sure to pass along your encouraging comments to our team here. Thank you for your stay, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Jason Stinnette

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We took a mini road trip to Granbury, Texas. After enjoying walking by town square and visiting museums, we decided to spend the night. While driving, we saw this hotel and liked what we saw. At first we thought it was going to be over priced but to our surprise it was just right. As soon as we walked in, it smelled new. From to top to bottom everything was extremely clean. It is located right by the lake. We will definitely book this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Novinavi

Thank you for your great response! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very nice hotel on Lake Granbury. Public areas were very clean and inviting. Especially welcoming is the outdoor, lakeside walkway that connects the Hilton to the nearby Granbury Resort Conference Center.

Sleeping rooms are large with both a microwave and a small in-room refrigerator. The rooms have Garden Sleep System beds with dials for adjustable firmness. Supposedly, adjust your number -- give the bed 15-30 minutes -- and you'll have a mattress firmness to your liking. (I personally like a mid-range mattress so I didn't gain a lot from playing with the dial.)

The only in-room complaints that I might have would be (1) a slightly inconvenient layout in the bathroom (The shower door opens a bit awkwardly so you'll probably want to use one of the large bath towel in the place of a small bath mat to stand on.) and (2) a sometimes very slow in-room internet speed. It seemed to fluctuate for no apparent reason and at no particular time, but it was free so I'm not sure it's worth a lot of space.

HELPFUL HINT:
1. The on-site restaurant has a very nice (and, for a hotel, affordable) buffet with both hot and cold items for $10.95 including tax. If you want only the cold items, you can make it out for $5.95.

2. On the other hand, if you want soft drinks or snacks, you'll probably want to make a short trip to the nearby Brookshires grocery. $2.44 for a 20-ounce soft drink seems a bit expensive when you can pick up a one-liter just down the street for $1.07.

Room tip: If you're going to stay for a few days, spring for the extra $10.00 and reserve a lake view room; it's definitely worth it. Otherwise, you'll find yourself with a city-side (?) view of the hotel's large AC units.
Date of stay: July 2012