“Great place to stay with great people”

Plantation Inn Granbury
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was recently visiting Granbury for a cheesemaking course and visiting from Canada. Plantation Inn was excellent! The rooms were a great price, the owner and staff were very nice and hospitable! Free breakfast every morning and free wifi! Close to other restaurants and businesses! I can't say enough about nice things about my experience. Next time I am in Granbury I will be making sure that I will be staying here again! Thanks to Dutch and everybody else!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
DutchW_12, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We take pride in furnishing affordable friendly service to our guest. We are delighted you had a good stay in Granbury.
Thank you.
Dutch Wilkinson 817-219-6100

There are newer reviews for Plantation Inn Granbury

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very nice staff, but this place needs a face lift. Floor in bathroom curled up from tub and shower water leaks.......been like that for some time. Breakfast sounded great at check in, but didn't live up to the hype. Don't mean to sound like sour grapes, but must shoot straight. I feel like I'm stretch my neck out to give it 3 stars. Many things need updating and replacing in the rooms. Great little town. Go to Babes for a great family style food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DutchW_12, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thanks for the compliment for our staff. Also, I appreciate your comment on some areas that we need to update. We are working on this & have replace the vinyl with tile in about 80% of the rooms. We are planning quite a few more improvements this winter.
Please give me a call on my cell before your next visit to Granbury * I'd like to show you around.
Dutch Wilkinson, Owner; Cell 817-219-6100

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great place to have a meeting and relax with friends. Plenty of restaurants walking distance away including the Firehouse (great breakfast place) and the Buffalo Gap. Good prices and great steaks. The lake is easy to see from the grounds and if you take a short walk, you can find picnic tables too. The courtyard is open and inviting with plenty of space and a big outdoor pool. If you want to meet up with friends, relax outdoors and enjoy the night sky, this is your place. There is plenty of parking and the owners and staff are very friendly and accomodating. They are always right there and willing to answer questions or lend a hand whenever you need one. The rooms are nicely appointed with a mini fridge, microwave, desk and armoir. Its an older style room, sink outside the bathroom and pile carpeting. Its not as current as some of the big brand names, but its also 1/2 to 1/3 the price too. All things considered, its a good bargin and great for holding a get-together.

Room Tip: Great restaurants walking distance away. Lake is walking distance away. Plenty of country to ride...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
DutchW_12, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Mr. Garrison,
We appreciate you pointing out the positive features of staying with us.
Brenda & I have owned & operated the Plantation Inn for 19 years & enjoy hosting our guest.
This is a very pleasant way to make a living.
Please come again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The price on the marquis is what drew me in. I wasn't expected to be welcomed like a family member, but that's exactly what happened. The room was large, clean, smelled fresh and was a great value. I highly recommend the Plantation Inn for any trip to Granbury. Dutch and Brenda are great hosts and even greater people. I couldn't be happier that I chose to stay at their Inn.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor, and noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Mr. Smith,
We are glad you selected us for your Granbury visit.
Thanks for your kind comments.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Plantation Inn on my visits to my daughter for 14 years. Dutch & Brenda have become friends. Starting with the front desk to the other staff, the atmosphere is welcoming. Sherry and her staff always assure the cleanliness of the Inn. I recommend the Inn to anyone who wants to stay where everyone appreciates you, as a person, not just another room number.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floor are easily accessible. Poolside rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DutchW_12, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. Especially about Sherry. Sherry has been with us 18 years & takes great pride in providing clean rooms for our guest. She is so diligent!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Dutch the owner and all of the employees were very pleasant and extremely helpful when we checked in. I booked several rooms and they tried to accommodate our every need. Unforutunately there was a family reunion going on the same weekend and their family booker forgot to tell the hotel they had several handicap attendees. Some of our requested rooms had to go to them but everything worked out ver nicely.

We had the party in hotel lobby. Thirty people attend from all over, Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas. Dutch even lets us play cards till 2:00am in the morning. The hotel was clean and we loved the new refrigerators. They held a lot of food that we brought and purchased in Granbury. Great mid point from all our destinations. We plan on returning sometime this year when it is a little cooler and hopefully they will have had more rain to fill the lake but still it was beautiful for July 30th.

Room Tip: We liked being by the pool but really every room is not far from the pool. I guess it depends how m...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
DutchW206, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thanks for commenting on our motel & the employees being very pleasant & helpful.
You satisfied customers are what keep us & our families in business, & we appreciate you very much!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Both of our kids live in Granbury, so we often go to visit. In the past we have stayed at a regular chain hotel, but came across the amazing reviews on the Plantation Inn and decided to give it a try. We had to laugh at ourselves because with all the trips we've made to Granbury in the past, we've never seen or heard of the Plantation Inn. My husband is very picky when it comes to hotels and so I was a little apprehensive when I first made the reservations. Fortunately, the rooms were big (although a little dated), but very clean, well kept and smelt wonderful. When we arrived there were two large reunion groups there for the weekend and we were a little concerned about the noise, but even with a second-story room located above the pool, it was very quiet and peaceful. The front desk staff was amazing and very pleasant. We enjoyed a day at the pool with our grandkids, who loved the little kids pool. We will definitely be staying there for our future visits.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pafty

Thanks for your compliments & being satisfied with the Plantation Inn.
We'll be proud to be your home away from home when visiting your kids here in Granbury.
We're glad the grand kids got to enjoy the pool.