“Ruined anniversary”

Plantation Inn Granbury
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Made a reservation 2weeks in advance for our 23rd wedding anniversary. It took 20 minutes on the phone, repeating everything at least 3 times before the clerk got it right. Drove an hour with a big night planned- dinner, drive in movie, relaxing weekend. Got to the hotel- no reservation. No rooms available. Anniversary blown. Did get dinner and stayed for the movie but then drove home. Very disappointed. The ladies at the front desk did offer to "bump" someone else out of a room for us. I could not even believe that. Confirmation number did not help. Do not assume your room will be available when you get there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kathy D
Dutch W, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

We are so sorry we dropped the ball on this customers reservation last Saturday night.
To endeavor to make amends I mailed them a gift certificate on Monday for a one or two nights continuous stay that may be used any time in 2012.
Dutch Wilkinson, Owner of the Plantation Inn since 1993 & a motel owner since 1976.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I liked the rooms and the surrounding grounds. Rooms were clean and included microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. It was an excellent price that included a nice breakfast in the lobby. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful with all needs and directions for a easy stay. I highly recommend to anyone who wants to stay in the Granbury or surrounding area.
The pool is well kept and is big enough for a good swim. Restaurants and the YMCA gym are within walking distance.

Dan

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very reasonable price. Fantastic customer service! They really know how to treat a paying customer. Real bonus to be greated by their little Shih Tzu puppy, it is precious. The rooms were clean. No funky smells. Remember not to expect anything fancy. It is an older facility, but it is good enough for what you pay. The pool looked really clean. The hot breakfast is very good for a "free" hot meal (gravy could have been a little thicker). The area around the Inn felt safe enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L F
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I wanted a very reasonable rate so that we could stay two nights. At $67 dollars a night ( including tax) I feel like I got what I paid for. I have stayed in the best resorts and simple rustic cabins and enjoy them all. I did not have grand expectations so I was satisfied. The service was very personable and operated just like a family business.
I even left my phone charger there and they immediately found it and offered to send it to me. The breakfast was just okay, but I am very picky about my food! The best option was the waffle iron. This is an old hotel, nothing fancy, but they keep it clean and welcoming. Also, it is too far (and no safe walkway) to walk to the square, but the trolley comes by every hour. If you do ride the trolley be prepared to make a stop at every hotel on the way! Great town for a girl's weekend or close family getaway. Drive in movie, two vineyards, good shopping, and of the lake.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank seeyouatthebeach
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and i chose the plantation inn, after seeing good reviews on Trip advisor. The hotel staff was warm and inviting and made us feel at home instantly. We enjoyed talking with the staff during our stay and found them helpful. My sons fished from the property and we enjoyed relaxing by the Lake. The breakfast was very good and an added value. I would highly recommend this hotel as it has a perfect location and a great staff. The price cant be beat either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jaredchasteen
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I have enjoyed staying at the Plantation Inn on several occasions and have found the owner and staff to be great! It is a pleasant and calming place to stay with all of the comforts of home away from home. The rooms are spacious and clean, nice pool, and great breakfast in the morning. I would highly recommend the Plantation Inn for a get away to a beautiful part of Texas on a lovely lake and a charming downtown. The Plantation Inn is in a great location to access all that Granbury has to offer. Thanks Dutch and Brenda and Shimia!!

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy the views!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pete F
Dutch W, Owner at Plantation Inn Granbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

We are so proud you can consider us as your home away from home.
We consider this a real compliment.
Dutch Wilkinson

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Plantation Inn 3 or 4 times in the past 8 years or so. I have relations that live in the Granbury area. I have stayed at other hotels in the area but only if no room is available here. The rooms are a good size. the room rates are great and the breakfast area is warm and inviting. Coffee, hot teas, juices, milk, cereal, chocolate cake (!), biscuits, gravy, wafflles, fruit, oatmeal, are the morning offerings. I usually have the waffle and coffee. Watching other guests operate the waffle iron is a morning adventure in itself as directions are right beside the device but, apparently, some are still too groggy to figure it out and oftentimes great converstions can be started over 'messed up' waffle creations! Ha! A computer is in the lobby area for guest use. The front desk staff all have their southern accents and southern hospitality seems to come naturally to them! The gentleman owner is around and the staff seems to respect him. For the money-this is the place to be!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter in the off season.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharolyn L

We appreciate your input. It is a treat to serve our guest. Please come again.
Dutch Wilkinson