“You get what you pay for”
Review of Days Inn Granbury

Days Inn Granbury
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Granbury
Reviewed September 19, 2006

We just returned from our weekend stay at the Comfort Inn in Granbury. I've stayed at Comfort Inns in the past, and while they are not my favorite, I have had good experiences in the past. I really didn't have much of a choice when staying in Granbury (either the Comfort Inn, Best Western, or the Holiday Inn). I'm not a fan of Bed and Breakfasts, so I made my choice out of the three - based on price. For $64/night, it really couldn't be beat.

I'll start by saying that it is very hard to miss all three of these hotels from I-377. This is really no fault of the hotel - more so, of MapQuest, but I think it would be helpful if more detailed directions exist on the Hotel website.

The hotel is quite old - and opens to the outside - something I'm never fond of in that it usually implies a more dirty, older, and possibly buggier hotel. We did have flies travel into the room, and the room/bathroom had the makings of an older room. I'm not saying that the housekeeping staff didn't do a good job - they did - it's just, the hotel room still seemed dirty even after they cleaned.

The free breakfast was quite decent - from bagels/pastries to cereal to hot waffles. The pool was also decent. They had limited cable in the room.

My parents stayed at both the Best Western and the Comfort Inn in Granbury. The Best Western was about $90/night, whereas, they paid only $56/night at Comfort Inn. The Best Western seemed more modern, and had a free hot breakfast.

In my opinion, if you're someone like me, who likes more modern places, I would recommend the Best Western for the extra couple of dollars. However, if you're fine with older hotels and can't beat a deal (which the Comfort Inn was), I would go with the Comfort Inn. My suggestion to the Comfort Inn would be to spend a couple of dollars upgrading the rooms/bathrooms.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank JenniferLynn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Granbury

Reviewed May 22, 2006

Made a reservation here and later had a change of plans. I called more than a month in advance to cancel my reservation, and was told that I did not have a reservation showing in their system. I had a confirmation number, but the person insisted that I did NOT have a reservation. In May, I received my Visa bill with a " No Show" charge from this hotel! Have made 5 calls to them, and now they can find me in their system, and tell me I did not cancel, and they will not refund the No Show charge. They made the mistake, not me. So I would not recommend this place at all. J. Thompson..... Alabama

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank JanT001
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth
Reviewed May 15, 2006

I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms smell so fresh and everything looks new. They have an excellent breakfast that was far better than most hotels I have visited. The staff was so friendly and helpful to us that I felt like they were family! I'm going back and taking friends this time.

• Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed May 9, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and during my last stay have noticed many neat improvements. They have added a free business center in the lobby for guests to use, upgraded the breakfast, and the huge plasma TV in the lobby was fun to watch. The staff was VERY friendly and accomadating. The rooms are very clean and I have started to notice new amenities as well. This time I noticed that they had installed the new curved shower rods which creates more space in the shower. I can't wait for my next visit to see what amenity they add next.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank raj_c
Reviewed April 10, 2005

Typical of what I expect from a Comfort Inn - which is pretty good. Large Rooms, all the amenities, friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank Greg126
Reviewed March 15, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to Granbury. During our time there, we chose to stay at the Comfort Inn.
Although the physical area surrounding to the inn is not pretty, it is not awful, either. (It is surrounded by shopping centers and strip malls--all of which are well-kept.) It is located conveniently right on 377 and from the inn you can just go further down 377, take the exit to 144, and drive on into the historic area and the town square. The location is very convenient.

I would like to add that the staff is incredibly courteous and kind! They are truly delightful! Our room was very well decorated, very clean, and was a great value for the money spent and the continental breakfast was plentiful and very good. We truly enjoyed it in every way and felt truly Comfort-able!

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank JoJeannine
Reviewed September 20, 2004

Very helpful and courteous staff. The room had everything the larger hotels offer at a much lower price and each room has its own air conditioner. We travel at least twice a year and this was the first time in seven years that the room tempature was cool enough when we walked in the door.

• Stayed: September 2004