“Bed bugs”

Best Western Plus Graham Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Graham
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband got bitten by bed bugs while we stayed here. Three big welts in a row with a red streak between them. Ridiculous! We had separate beds, or I probably would have been bitten too.

The breakfast was OK, but nothing was offered in the way of yogurt, or fruit selection other than a meager 4 apples at breakfast, and no newspapers.

The desk person handed our key cards to us with no explanation of where our room was. I asked for a property map, and she acted like I should know (had never been to this hotel before). She then produced a map.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 21, 2010

I give this facility a 10 from the outside appearance to all services and support help. Would recommend and overnight to an extended stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This hotel was by far the best looking hotel in Graham. My husband and I were in town for a wedding and were looking forward to relaxing and sleeping in for once! But, that did not happen. At 8:30 am the maid kept knocking on our door to see if we wanted the room clean. Let's just say we weren't too happy about that. Then we realized that me maids had their children with them at work and they were running up and down the halls all day. As we all know hotels are not sound proof, so it sounded like a herd of cattle. Other than that everything seemed to be fine.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Worldtravel58
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I've stayed at this hotel a lot. I work in Graham part of the year and this is where I like to stay.

The hotel is on the south side of town like the 2 other hotels that Graham has. A new Wal-Mart is 1/2 mile away. McDonald's is across the parking lot. The hotel tends to be very full - so is the parking lot. There is a separate truck/trailer parking lot.

The common areas are very nice. A separate small room houses a computer and printer. They don't try to charge for printing. The breakfast is good though it only is open till 9 AM.

The rooms are nice, too. The property is still only a three years old. The king rooms will either have a sofa with coffee table or a stuffed chair. I've had 9 different rooms and all are nice and clean. I prefer not to get one of the several handicapped rooms.

The manager - Kevin is nice and will try to accommodate every need. He was part owner but hotel has sold so new management will be coming in.

My only dislike is the cricket invasion of the fall. They're everywhere in town and every small town in Texas - the hotel works really hard at cleaning them up. The hotel has a woods out back so some of the critters are around for a visit at night. I saw possums and a family of skunks. If you use the main entrance you will never see them.

If you visit Graham - call ahead to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank twomikea
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This is graham's only "chain hotel" and the only one with interior corridors, which was a big factor in us staying there. It's a new hotel, cozy lobby, AMAZING BEDS, and a wonderful breakfast. It's clean as a whistle and for $75 a night it can't be beat. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2007

truly beautiful hotel!! as we walked in to the lobby, i was truly pleased by the view. girl who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. i was surprised when she said the hotel was about 3 years old, because it looked brand new! keeping it really clean and comfortable. the hotel also had good breakfast for being a best western.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank HitaB
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I don't usually think of Best Westerns as nice hotels. This one, certainly the best hotel in Graham, managed to impress me. If not for a moldy shower, which I am very allergic to, I would have rated it "Excellent".

The bed was comfortable, the A/C worked great, and the hotel was quiet. Other than the shower, my room was very clean.

I can't comment on the breakfast -- I went to the McDonald's next door.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business