“Very Nice”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wildcatter
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stop in to the Wildcatter 4 or 5 times a year when passing by. The food is always great and the view is wonderful. We have never had a problem with service and they are usually fairly busy on Fri and Sat nights (Closed Sunday). One of the better placed near Graham to have dinner and then there is the view!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

we had 14 people for dinner. we had a variety of menu items. big appetizers, everything was good. we all ordered something different , but all was good.no complaints. waitstaff was really good. drinks from the bar were good also. overall good experience. pretty expensive, had to have a reservation.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My girlfriend and recently stayed at the ranch as part of our 5700 mile US road trip for a bit of a luxury stay at the ranch. The second night of our stay was the first experience dining at the restaurant. My girlfriend had the 6oz steak with a baked potato and asparagus and I had the gigantic Texas T-Bone with asparagus and chips. Her steak had to be sent back 3 times in order to get the steak medium rare. As I was just about finishing my steak she was receiving hers. The seasoning was nice and the steak good but it failed to top a steak we had in other locations previously. The best two parts of the meal were the Texas made Merlot and her baked potato. Night #3 I had made reservations and upon arrival was told there were no reservations under my name. Being there wasn't anyone in the restaurant so seating us wasn't a problem at all. We were hoping that our experience this night would negate the previous nights but more bad times were to come. One of the choices in the menu were the lovely sounding prawns. Of the 3 different ways to have them cooked you get to pick 2 and they are grilled, Fried and Coconut. My partner orders the grilled and coconut to which the waiter repeats fried and coconut and we both correct him saying grilled instead of fried. To our amazement the two types to come out on the plate were fried and coconut. At this point we were exhausted in our attempts to correct the waiter and made our way through the plate. I had ordered the bone in rib-eye. The steak itself looks impressive and indeed was a lot better in taste but the one downfall of this was my steak had to be sent back because it was undercooked. Medium rare isn't difficult to achieve and for a steakhouse my assumption would be that you could expect medium rare every time.

As part of the package that was booked we had $50 to spend towards our meal one of the nights we were dining there which was very nice. The problem was when I received the bill on our last day this credit wasn't added and was almost lost had I not found it. the other small thing that is more of an annoyance was when we mentioned that we had booked with this $50 credit the waitress took the check back from us and added an automatic tip.

All in all I'd say this restaurant is nice and the view is worth visiting but where we weren't impressed was the steak in steakhouse.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Texas fare doesn't come much finer than this, and the setting makes every dinner here an occasion. Dinner at the Wildcatter translates ranch cuisine to a higher level without breaking a working hand's poke. Of course, boots and jeans are welcome here, but the ladies may dress to the nines as well and feel right at home.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

You cannot beat a good rib eye steak and a lot of very cold beers with Allycat in the bar after. The service was fast and all courses followed in perfect timing.