“Great Cabin, Great Time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Graford
Hide-Away Cabins by the Lake and Hide-Away Inn
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My Girlfriend and I had a great time in our 3 night stay in Cabin 12 at Hide-Away Cabins. The view from the top deck was great, the cabin was clean, secluded, and generally a relaxing place to rest. Karen was extremely nice. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but It turned out to be a great stay. Will visit again!

Justin Walker

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Justin W

Reviewed July 12, 2012

After getting our cabin over the phone for $175 a night and over $200 after taxes we were told we were given an UPGRADE because our cabin would not be available. Me my wife with daughter and two grandchildren got to the cabin and there were no outlet covers on the outlets with expose wires showing and when we went into the bedroom there was two sizeable holes in the walls that desperately needed repair. But the big surprise didn't arrive until after 3 nights of there when we got home me and my wife noticed itchy red spots all over our bodies and found out we had bed bugs all over us. We are still in the process of figuring out now how to get it out of our luggage, clothes and NOW probably have it all over our house and contaminated it.....The scenery on the outside of the cabin is beautiful but the restaurant there (rocking S) is overpriced and don't be surprised if there is no toilet paper...Like I was.....I was pretty disgusted with hideaway cabins and now their hideaway bugs all over my body.

Room Tip: stay out on a boat there or get a tent but don't risk getting bed bugs in there run down cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael F
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I had a great time at the Hide-Away Cabins, we stayed in Cabin #3. The cabin was clean, one bedroom, kitchen, and a must for me a clean bathroom and shower! The customer service was awesome and Linda and Karen were just wonderful to us! We had a great view of the lake, the boat dock was right in front of the cabins. We had enough room to park our boat and truck. We had easy access to the dock and we were able to walk to the Rocking S Bar and Grill, and to Selena's Mexican Resturant. We have already booked for next year. We stayed during peak season July 4th week and weekend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Ok, I admit. I can't complain too much because I didn't have a reservation and it is the high season for Possum Kingdom lake. We did not rent a cabin but we did stay at the Hide-Away Inn. It cost $125 a night. It was primitive at best. I have seen better towels at Goodwill. It was reasonably clean but there were no real amenities beyond a TV. The beds were hard. The room was huge. There was a coffee pot but no coffee. There were little bars of soap, no shampoo. A threatening letter about leaving the place clean on the wall. No internet. It was quiet. Nice patio door to sit outside. Deer came right up to eat out of my hand. I won't return.

Room Tip: just make a reservation elsewhere. The check in staff was nice though and the cabins look ok from th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat R
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Not sure where to start. When we got in the cabin right before diner time, I had to wash all the dishes, before using any of them, as they were dirty! You could see the soda on the plastic cups, and the lip stick on the coffee cup. There was not enough dishes for 4 people in the cabin. We were going to spend 2 nights there with our two sons, but one of them ended up not coming which was good since the futon he was supposed to sleep on was not even comfortable to sit on, let alone sleep on. The other one slept in his own bed also, and only joined us for the day, as we described the cabin to him. The cabin was very Dirty, dirty.... I tried to ignore the dirt in the shower. the toilet was coming of the base floor, which I had read on reviews, so obviously it is never fixed. The lake is across the road, and it is a boat ramp, not a place to swim. We did find a great swimming area and had a blast in the water. Did I mention that the fridge froze most of the food we brought, tomatoes, carrots,...? Bring your own pots and pans if you pan on cooking. Theirs were awful! Will not return! When we returned the keys, the person at the desk really didn't want any comment. She quickly wished me good luck on the drive home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank goodread101
Reviewed July 12, 2011

First of all, I will say that the customer service we received at Hide-Away Cabins was wonderful. The lady at check-in was very friendly and tried to help later in the week with our complaints.
For the price of cabin #1 (3 bed/2bath for $285/night) we were highly disappointed. Most of the beds/mattresses were completely uncomfortable, we didn't get a good nights rest during our entire stay. This unit is not equipped to stay cool during hot Texas summer months. The a/c ran non-stop but the unit never cooled. It was usually 85 degrees inside this cabin when we went to sleep and would cool down slowly overnight. The maintenance guy did come look at our A/C unit the first night when we realized it wasn't cooling, but he thought that it was working properly and nothing more could be done. Just our bad luck I guess.
Paying $285/night, I expected to have much nicer and more comfortable amenities. Next trip, I will camp in a tent and probably be more satisfied than I was with this cabin.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank lindseyf63
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I think that is enough said. Cabin is in poor, poor shape! Offered very few kitchen utensils, dirty-sticky tile floors, coffee pot had a crack in it...guess the owner doesn't want to replace anything. They actually refunded our money but unfortunately we had to throw away pillows, duffle bags,etc and have our cars detailed to ensure they did not hitch-hike home with us!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank frankfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graford
Wildcatter Ranch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mineral Wells
The Cliffs Resort
The Cliffs Resort
#1 of 1 in Graford

Been to Hide-Away Cabins by the Lake and Hide-Away Inn? Share your experiences!