“Much improved!”

Cliffs at Possum Kingdom
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Graford
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by famed architect, Robert von Hagge, this 18-hole championship course stretches 6,808 yards featuring 170-foot cliffs, lush fairways, bent-grass greens and breathtaking views.
San Diego
“Much improved!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have been twice and my recent trip was excellent!! I visited the Cliffs in 2008 and I must say I was disappointed. However, we went back and things have really improved - the staff were friendly, the room was great, view of the lake and the whole trip very relaxing! I could keep going back just for the golf alone!!

Visited July 2011

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything in one place”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed 5 days at the resort. They have a great pool. And the boat rentals are comparable to other places. The lake is beautiful! You can experience playing a round of golf with different scenery on every hole. To top it all, there are beautiful deer every where. Very relaxing, low key family vacation.

1 Thank 5nftw
Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“won't ever go back”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

These are very over priced and nothing to offer for entertainment.

Visited August 2010
2 Thank Springtown
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful lake, horrid food”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We just spent 3 days at The Cliffs with my daughter, son in law and grandson and would never go back. The Inn was fine. We knew it was rustic and there'd be no valet service, but we sure didnt think the maid would skip a day cleaning our room.
The internet would work and then cut out in the middle of email and the A/C was so noisy we had to use ear plugs. I never did hear my husband snoring, so that was a plus.
If those were the only problems i'd still return BUT the food was horrid. A simple hamburger was like shoe leather served on a stale bun. Fries were tasty. Rolls were awful. My grandson could not eat the chicken sandwich. That too was overcooked and impossible to swallow. My daughter ordered a cheese sandwich that was thrown together and unappetizing.
If there hadn't been that general store down the road we'd have left earlier than planned. Thank goodness we could get a decent meal there at a quasi Whataburger.
What we couldn't fathom was why a fine resort wouldn't hire a decent chef and cooking staff and have a 3 star restaurant to match it's golf course.
After a day of golf, boating or swimming it would have been so enjoyable to have a leisurely good meal and not have to leave the Inn to get it.

3 Thank DallasNana
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really Disappointed! Overpriced and Poor Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2007

My husband and I usually don't spend this kind of money on a hotel, but we chose to this time, and we were pretty disappointed. We arrived shortly before check-in time and were told to wait 30 minutes and then our room would be ready. We walked down to the marina which was an hour round trip, so again, there should have been plenty of time to get our room ready. The person at the desk merely looked at us and told us we needed to wait another 15 minutes. She gave us room keys and told us that she was going to put her "best person" onto cleaning it up. We drove around and waited 40 minutes, only to walk up to our room and find the door open, beds stripped, floor un-vacuumed and no one working on it. We were finally placed into another room (which had not been vacuumed but at least had bedding). It only took them 2 hours to put us into a room, and nothing was done or said in the way of apology.

My husband played the golf course which was nice but was a litle pricey, too. We ate at the restaurant for lunch and it, too, was pretty expensive. We had been told to seat ourselves and sat out on the patio, but received no service until my husband went in and asked for some.

The facilities are nice but overpriced, and I would rate the service at this resort as poor. Everyone we spoke to seemed to have the attitude that we were "lucky to be there" and that we were a bother.

No, we would not go back.

5 Thank KtLearn