“Beautiful scenery”

The Cliffs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Graford
“Beautiful scenery”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed two days and nights near the end of April, had a room with the balcony looking out onto the lake.... Incredible. The room was quite small and nothing special but the surroundings made up for it. Ate outside on the patio, food was great and our waitress was excellent..Golf was worth the visit with deer crossing in front of us three times. I was Very Disappointed that the pool was not filled until the day we where leaving.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your April stay at The Cliffs Resort. We really appreciate your wonderful comments about the incredible views, great food & service at the restaurant and your golf experience.

I apologize that we did not have our pool filled in time for you to enjoy. You may know that we had our pool re-plastered and all of the decking material replaced that same week. Unfortunately, that meant that we had to keep the pool closed for a longer period of time than we would have liked; however, the result was worth the wait. I hope you will come back out to the resort soon, to see the finished product.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ft Worth
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed one Thursday night at the hotel to attend a meeting the next day. The setting is beautiful with a tremendous view of Lake Possum Kingdom and the surrounding hills. The room was clean, large, and well-appointed. The firm (but not uncomfortably hard) king size bed had 9 pillows on it. A really nice touch was that there were several different pillows so we could choose fat or thin, feather or foam. The bath had dual sinks, a separate tub and shower, and the commode had its own closet. The room had a small fridge. We had buffet meals for our group in the restaurant so I can't comment on service, but the food was fine buffet food. The staff was friendly and helpful. My wife had "the best massage ever" at the spa. We didn't take advantage of any other resort services.

Now the bad. We could hear every footstomp, er -step, of the people upstairs. My wife had marginally hot water for a shower at 10PM and I had at best uncomfortably tepid water for a shower at 7AM. They are in a severe drought area, but I can think of better ways of encouraging water conservation! The water also leaves you with that feeling that you can never get the soap off making a brief shower that much more uncomfortable. The housekeeper came banging at the door at 8:30AM. I would expect an upscale resort to coordinate the front desk with the housekeeping staff so the housekeeper didn't need to knock on the door to see who had checked out. There was no "do not disturb" sign available. Check out is at 11AM and it is not their busy season, so why not leave guests undisturbed?

I would stay there again if someone else was picking up the tab, but we don't plan to return on our own.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have a great view of the lake. Our room on the other side of the building had a view...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed the features of your room, the food and massage; along with the spectacular views of the area surrounding the resort. I hope that you accept my apology for the fact that housekeeping knocked on your door so early. On the day of your check-out, housekeeping should certainly have waited until 11:00am before knocking. As well, I am sorry that our water heater did not effectively heat the water in your room. I am hopeful that you reported this to our hotel front desk, so that our maintenance department could repair the issue.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to keep your business. If there is an obstacle to that, please feel free to contact me directly at cliffsgm@thecliffsresort.com
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A great weekend getaway and easy drive from Dallas! My pre-teen son and his friend enjoyed exploring the rocks and cliffs of Possum Kingdom Lake while I enjoyed one of the best massages I've had in years. The restaurant was great and had a ton of choices for all meals. We can't wait to go back once the weather's warmer so we can also enjoy the golf and boating!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your peaceful and relaxing stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am pleased that you and your family had such a nice time here. I was sure to pass along your compliment about your massage, to our spa staff. While the weather was a bit chilly in April, summer is in full swing now...so I can't think of a more perfect time to make another reservation and enjoy some time on the golf course and on beautiful Possum Kingdom Lake. I hope that we will see you again soon.
TX
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We visited The Cliffs Resort and loved it! We did not do the time share tour or anything. We just live fairly close and decided to go stay. The room is beautiful! We also got a room facing the water. Can't remember the room # but it seemed like the best room there. The views are beautiful! The restaurant was great. I loved the food! The Chef there does a great job. We sat outside and it was a really pretty setting. When we got back to the room, I put on the compimentary robe and sat out on the Balcony. So pretty at night with all the lights! One tip. There is no elevator so if you don't like walking up steps, then stay floor level. There is not a ton of steps though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much, for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The Cliffs Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. I have passed your compliments along to our culinary staff as well as the rest of our management team. We look forward to seeing you on you next visit to The Cliffs.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It is a beautiful, challenging golf course-so if you love golf, come and play, but don't stay, and don't eat! The resort restaurant is the ONLY place to eat! We had drinks-which were overpriced and served in very small glasses, we had dinner-which was grossly overpriced, the steaks were terrible quality-even if they cooked them properly-mostly gristle and a thin cut ribeye for $35!! The sandwiches we ordered at the turn were made with stale bread-I literally picked the contents out and had turkey between lettuce & tomato. The rooms are very clean, but lack amenities and size for $245/night! The view is spectacular!
I can only recommend coming to play golf and staying at a vacation home or renting a small condo-you'll pay about the same, however you'll get a lot more for your dollar!!
Btw-stop at a liquor store before getting to the Cliffs at PK-the booze is expensive!!

Stayed January 2014
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed our golf course and the beauty of The Cliffs, along with our high standards of cleanliness. I think it is important to mention that the $245 nightly rate included all greens fees and cart fees for two rounds of golf.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience in the restaurant. The Chaparral Grille has many customers who return often for the wonderful food, so I will admit that your comments caught me by surprise. We want everyone to enjoy themselves while here and I am embarrassed that we did not meet your expectations. I am hopeful that you let your food server or our restaurant manager know about your concerns regarding the food quality. I am confident that they would have taken steps to ensure your complete satisfaction. If not, please contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to ensure that you are satisfied.

If there is anything that you would like to discuss regarding your stay at The Cliffs, please feel free to contact me at 940-779-4550. I do hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Limited dining options, but a nice getaway. Golf, the lake, wildlife, and country feel. room clean and well maintained. Enjoyed the two day weekend trip. Little too on expensive side for the available amenities. Probably will look for discounted specials before considering a return trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLuv2Golf
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for the review of your visit to The Cliffs Resort. We appreciate your business and your input. Since you like to golf, be sure to take a look at our golf packages when you are booking your next visit. These offer a great value and you can include either two or four rounds of golf with your overnight stay. We also have a Spa/Golf package that includes spa credit...in case anyone in your party enjoys spa treatments.
We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed to see if we liked the look and feel of The Cliffs neighborhood/property - which we did very much - and we rather enjoyed our room. It was a very clean, comfortable room that had a lodge theme and a large clean bath with a standing shower. The room also had a mini-bar area and a sitting area with a fireplace. Too, our balcony had phenomenal views of the lake. We are hotel snobs and are not the easiest to please but we loved the serene feeling of the resort and it was COMPLETELY quiet during the week. WE'LL be BACK!

Room Tip: The lake side is a fantastic view... the parking lot side is no view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cliffsgm, General Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and the compliments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay while here for a getaway and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our amenities. We offer many different package options throughout the year and hope you will return in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Graford
Wildcatter Ranch
Executive Inn Mineral Wells
#6 of 8 in Mineral Wells
Best Western Plus Graham Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mineral Wells

Been to The Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!