“Just average”

Rodeo Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I ordered the beef Fajita plate $7.99. My husband ordered the a combination plate (taco, chalupa, cheese enchilada) $7.49. Both items are average. There was a whole page of seafood on the menu. Our waitress was quick to take our order and deliver our meal but we never saw her again. The Mexican restaurant was not fancy. The tables and chairs reminded me of an old Dairy Queen. We will not go back for average.

1  Thank M J

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Got a platter with a soft taco (chicken fajita), ground beef tostado, beans and rice. Rice wasn't that good - I've had better beans. The chicken was really dry. The tostado was the best item on my plate (stacked high with whole slices of avocado and tomato). I was able to scoop the salsa as it wasn't that hot and was very tomato-ey. The waitress brought my husband his own hot sauce (in a squeeze container). He always wants pica (hot!).

1  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great place for Carne Asida con Nopales and Caldo de Camerones. There is a great selection of typical Mexican food with ample dishes of beef, pork, chicken and seafood to satisfy most appetites.

1  Thank Westtexan2014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Small, plain restaurant. We have had breakfast here several times and it is always good. Lots of food for a reasonable price. Daily specials. Service is adequate but not particularly friendly. The waitresses seem more interested in visiting among themselves in Spanish than in checking back in on their customers.

1  Thank vsb58
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had heard this restaurant was the best. On the way from New Braunfels my wife and I decided to take Hwy 183 to Gonzales and give it a try. It's wasn't worth the drive and the time it took to find it. We called for directions but were given bad info. Service was very good, prices are cheap. I had the Speedy Gonzales and my wife had Beef Enchiladas. Salsa was bland and sort of sweet tasting. The Con Queso was different than most I've had. Made fro white cheese, but was good. My plate was so-so and my wife's wasn't much better. Not the worst Mexican food I've encountered but certainly not worth the drive.

1  Thank Steve D