“Try the Empanada”
Review of Mr. Taco

Mr. Taco
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Plenty of results show up on google.
Description: Plenty of results show up on google.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place was recommended to us. Nothing special inside, just another mexican restaurant. I had the Chalupas and they were just OK and would have giving them a 3 however my friend had their Empanada's and raved about more with each bite. lol Also the red sauce was great! My friend asked for the green sauce and found it very tasty and but not extremely hot and loved it. So personally I would have gave them a 3 star but took the average of both of our experiences and bumped them up a star. We both agree on the service was very efficient and even refilled our water. Their was a lot of wait staff available. Lots of parking available.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a hard time finding a place for 10 people to meet before a funeral. This may be the best place in Gonzales, it was packed every time we went by. Service was slightly slow (but they were packed). Food was reasonably priced, maybe not the best Mexican food I ever had, but a good value and a place where we could each talk to each other.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love their homemade tortillas. Fill it with ham or bacon, potatoes and cheese and I'm in breakfast heaven. They also have typical breakfast which includes refried beans. If you're in Gonzales for breakfast this is a great place to eat. Their salsa is great too! They have a drive through window. They now serve alcoholic drinks and are open 24 hours on the weekend. Very moderately priced. Something for everyone.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place has a vast menu and some great deals on Mexican food. I had the 3 Taco Plate and the puffy taco was my favorite. Be sure to ask what the specials of the day are.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food was good. I really like the chips/salsa. We ordered their chili con queso for an appetizer but I guess they didn't think we needed it because they didnt bother to bring it. When they brought our meal, they asked if we needed anything else, like they had no idea we had even ordered the queso. Of course, we told them to not bother with it. The meal was good for the price.