“Yummy Authentic BBQ”

Gonzales Food Market
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Gonzales
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: One of top BBQ in all of Texas
“Yummy Authentic BBQ”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were visiting Gonzales for a Cross Country meet and asked for the best bbq in town. We were told to head over to the Market. I am so glad that we did. I thoroughly enjoyed my spicy sausage, which is made fresh in the store daily I might add! The brisket was also delicious! My husband had the beef ribs and also ate the spicy sausage with pinto beans and potato salad. We left very full and very happy. The food is fresh, reasonably priced and the owner of the restaurant is one of the nicest, most down to earth person that I have ever met in my life. I have lived in Texas my entire life and also lived in Lockhart so I have had my share of BBQ.... Dont skip this place! Take a day trip. You wont regret it :)

• Visited October 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Was in Gonzales conducting some business and took three customers to eat lunch, one suggested Gonzales Food Market. I've eaten BBQ all over Texas and while the BBQ was not bad it was nothing special. The selection off meats was decent as were the sides, the serving line was manned by a staff that acted like they would rather be someplace else. I will say the cost was reasonable as four of us ate for $50.00. Drive the 18 miles to Luling and get BBQ there at City Market, better all around.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Wayne E
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Lamb Ribs”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Get here before noon to beat the lunch rush. Had the lamb ribs and they were good. Liked the cole slaw but not the sweet potatoes - they had no flavor.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SportUtilityGirl
San Antonio, Texas
“good bbq”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

good bbq chicken and ribs, nice people great price wish I lived closer! on the main square of town great place to stop

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Debbie W
Fort Worth, TX
“Amazing lamb ribs and sausage”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

In Gonzales, your food choices are somewhat slim, but luckily there is this BBQ gem right in downtown. The décor is more run down grocery store - but the food is so good you won't care. It was pretty busy and people were ordering all kinds of stuff off the menu, but my family only ordered two things - the lamb ribs and sausage. I love BBQ and have never seen a place serve lamb ribs before and I was not disappointed. They had a great char yet the meat was moist and very flavorful. The sausage came in a small link and was packed with flavor. The sides were pretty average and the only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars - otherwise we would go back in a second.

• Visited March 2013