“Fairly new hotel in Gonzales”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Gonzales
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in town for a funeral and needed a place to stay. Gonzales is a fairly small town but housing is at a premium due to the recent oil boom, This chain is not one of my favorites but was slightly cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express right next door. For Friday night, it still cost me $98 at the Senior rate.

Check in was easy, and the common areas were neat and clean (we saw a lady cleaning down there a couple of times during the day). They had a nice little lobby and a breakfast area. Our room on the third floor was small, but very clean. Layout was slightly awkward, the chair was in a place where you could not see the TV. There was a large closet, a frig and a microwave. Nice large bathroom, and we had a shower (as we requested) rather than a tub. Other than being a little dark in the shower, that area was nice.

The room was rather dark, even with the lights on. I would have opened the curtains, but the view of the trailers in the back was not great and there were no sheers at the window.

I did not know what to expect for breakfast (and I have some concerns in this area since my husband is gluten intolerant) but it had a pretty good selection: scrambled eggs (made fresh), bacon, potatoes, the usual waffle maker, bagels, muffins, etc. I will give them an A for keeping hubby happy!

I think I would have figured this to be higher in my rating if it had been less expensive. There was nothing really wrong with it as a "value" hotel, but the cost was a little too much in my opinion for that.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Alison R, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We would like to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and yours during your stay in Gonzales, Texas. We thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are so very glad to hear how pleased you are with our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

First off, Gonzales is NOT the last beacon of civilization before heading south; like I thought looking at a map.... It is a nice, small Texas town though. With that, the shops close down around 6 pm- and 7pm for the ones serving dinner.
The Sleep Inn itself was off the local highway, but sheltered by a row of buildings to the north so you did not hear the road noise. The entrance, lobby, and eating area were all nice. The hotel has an outdoor pool (but was too cold) and NO fitness facility. The rooms were very nice with softer, tight-looped carpet and spacious enough to spread out & not having to worry about rolling out of your king bed into the work desk. The bed let me slumber the entire night for the first time in a quarter without waking. The bathroom was large, but not a particularly large tub, and had nice finishes. The wifi was a pinch to log onto and hostesses were very nice. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was not as large a some, but adequate for a medium-sized business morning breakfast: juices, coffee, pastries/bagels, fruit, cereal & instant oatmeal, with a special from the hostess of huevos rancheros in a tortilla wrap that I was speculative of at first; but then couldn't stop eating them.
Ultimately pleasant stay and would have given 4.5 Stars had it not been a buck fifty a night.

Room Tip: Third floor, north-side was best with nobody above us and no hallway traffic to deal with. Rooms we...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Needed a room for weekend & this was only hotel left with rooms available in the area. The room was nice but had an odor when u first walked in. Unsure what it was. I didn't notice it after I was in it for a bit. The staff I encountered were very nice & helpful. I would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: September 2012

We would like to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and yours during your stay in Gonzales, Texas. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced upon check-in. We thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This had to be one of the best hotels I've stayed in!! I travel for business 7 days a month and I wished the hotels I stayed at was as nice, clean and taken care of like this one is! You will not find a nicer hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Ronnie S

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The hotel was easy to find, had open availability at the last minute (it is in a small town), and it relatively pretty new, so it looked good. The only problem was that there apparently was a mix-up in communications between staff at the front desk and cleaning staff. The first two rooms we were given, were both occupied. The 3rd room was acceptable. After our trip was complete, I did fill out a comment card and received an apology for the mix-ups so that I know the issue was dealt with.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator or breakfast room, if there is an option.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank challengefish

We would like to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and yours during your stay in Gonzales, Texas. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced upon check-in. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope to see you again soon!