“Worst Hamburger & Ribs”

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We will be OPEN ALL WINTER.
Reviewed June 22, 2008

A pleasant drive to a hard to find resturant brought us to a very disappointing experience. After reading the reviews and having my heart set on a great hamburger we went to Loco. We found the atmosphere charming and the waitress Elizabeth more than sweet. However, our meal was terrible to say the least. My husband ordered the $35.00 combination platter of ribs, shrimp, chicken, catfish, hush puppies, cole slaw and texas toast. The ribs were dry and unedible, the catfish in batter crust was overcooked and tasteless. The hush puppies were like little rocks, the cole slaw too sweet, but the toast was good. The water served in a mason jar was very nice. The toast and water I recommend. My $10.00, hamburger was tasteless and dry. The Margaritas were mediocre.

3  Thank Fox2trot
chalkmntcoyote, owner at Loco Coyote Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2008

these people got upset because they had to pay for extra setups. it is on our menu about extra setups.

Reviewed April 6, 2008

The hamburger at Loco Coyote has made it impossible for me to ever order a hamburger at any other establishment. None could ever compare. The onion rings, brought in huge bowl before your meal, are a taste sensation making you wonder if you had ever really even tasted onion rings before. A beautiful, peaceful drive brings you to a old, small, quaint and rustic building with saw dust covering the floor.

3  Thank peaceintexas
Reviewed October 28, 2007

This place came highly recommended by our B&B owner during a recent weekend in Glen Rose, TX. As the title suggests, it was a little difficult to locate but well worth finding. The best thing to do is review the directions on the restaurant's web site which are very detailed. It is also recommended that you arrive early to avoid a long wait. Dining there is a fairly leisurely affair and tables turn fairly slowly.

The setting: Country rustic with wood shavings on the floor in the indoor dining area and a large covered outdoor patio. Opt for the outdoor seating if the weather permits.

The patrons: Cowboys, cowgirls, bikers, couples, and families with children. The atmosphere was laid back and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

The food: Outstanding both in quality and quantity. The menu included steaks, BBQ, sandwiches, shrimp, catfish and combinations for 2 or more which included a sampling of just about everything. The sides included potato salad, beans, slaw, fries, hushpuppies, onion rings and baked potatoes. There were also several appetizers and a variety of desserts. My wife and I had shrimp, both fried and grilled. I grew up in Florida and I have eaten my share of shrimp and have never had any better. We also had slaw, beans, potato salad and fries and all were top notch...everything was freshly made and delicious. The only downsides we encountered were the margaritas which were of the premixed fake neon green variety. Next time, we will choose one of the bottled beers which are offered instead.

The prices: Just under $20 each not including drinks. The margaritas were a rather steep $5.95.

5  Thank maoneal1