“Bottle Plant Cafe”
Review of Bottle Plant Cafe - CLOSED

Bottle Plant Cafe
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Down Home, Southern Cooking, like your grandma used to make you! All served up buffet style, all you can eat, including drink and dessert. See daily menu for details, full buffet $10.95, salad bar and drink only $5.50.
Granbury, Texas
“Bottle Plant Cafe”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food and service. Their specialty is chicken fried steak which is hand-dipped so the breading is light. Gravy is delicious with real mashed potatoes. Fried okra was the best! Owners/operators are friendly and glad you dropped in. Their restaurant actually is the site of a former Coca-Cola bottling plant so the historical angle and the great food make for a fun experience. We were delighted to find this restaurant is open 7 days a week and located handily right on the Glen Rose town square.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank suchaWickedfan

Granbury
“Splendid Service & Great Food”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The chicken fried steak was as tender as a mother's love. Real potatoes and excellent fried okra. The service was very, very good. I was treated like a friend and not just a customer. I will be a customer from now on.

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Good food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stopped here for lunch after a drive through Fossil Rim. My hubby and I split a chicken fried steak and a salad. They were both very good. We also had fried okra, and it was just like what my mom used to make.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisa W
Keene, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Homestyle Food!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I tried the chicken fried steak and squash casserole! The food was hot, homemade and delicious! We will definitely be back! For dessert we dried the buttermilk pie and keylime pie and wanted seconds or thirds! WOW

• Visited December 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“Great Comfort Food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

A friend and I visited this restaurant recently and had a great lunch. I had the lunch portion of the chicken fried steak and my friend had the vegetable plate. Everything was excellent! My chicken fried steak ranked right up there with the best on my list and the potatoes and green beans were flawless. I tasted the apples on my friend's plate and they were out of this world. Be prepared to wait a bit for your food since everything is prepared fresh when you order. The food is definitely worth the wait. The service was good and the waitpersons friendly. I would definitely return to the Bottle Plant Cafe when in Glen Rose.

• Visited November 2013