“Coolest place around.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

On our spring break trip to visit the Fossil Rim park, we decided to have dinner at this Amazingly interesting restaurant. The Decor was captivating. It has a California beach house type ambiance. The out door patio even has tables you can eat at and bury your toes in the sand. I would say the food is average but not bad, Overall I would eat here again.

1  Thank dalenotti

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were on spring break and ate here. After eating at some of the other places I wished we would have came back to this place instead. The service was excellent. The food was great. Will be back.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I heard this place was a good so I had to check it out. First off the place looked very cool! We entered and the sign said wait to be seated. We waited, and waited, and waited, no one came to our service. A waitress and bartender passed us by and never said a word! So I took it upon myself to look around and investigate. I went to the patio (by the way there were only 3-4 cars outside on Saturday afternoon lunch no one waiting) and they were playing heavy metal (head banging music literally!) not my choice but it may be yours. My kids looked at me weird! Lol. There were a few couples and a waitress on the patio and I tried to get the waitresses attention but she went inside and said nothing after watching us look around like we needed assistance. Anyway I walked back into the dining area which was a maze but setup really cool and went to the restroom and came out and heard two waiters in the back arguing and yelling at each other very loud and foul language so we left right then and there!! Sorry folks this was my first impression of this establishment and last! It could be a very good place if they would get their crap together!!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We saw Elvis, we met Wanda and we had a good meal. What better way to set you up for a trip to the Dinosaur World in Glen Rose, Texas?

Wanda Crider is the characterful owner of The Hollywood and Vine Restaurant at 101 NE Vine Street in Glen Rose, Texas, and judging by the fittings and ambience of this colourful eating house she is the right person to carry on its quirky traditions. A lifelike Elvis sits on one of the balconies, overseeing the fun….

I like quirkiness. Better by far than the bland chain eateries we often pass, on our way to the local hometown ma and pa café.

As you come up to The Hollywood and Vine, what do you expect? Well, a giant Hollywood sign in the California Hills behind, flanked by palm trees, of course. That’s just what you get. Already I love it.

Vine Street, you may know, is a street in the other Hollywood, running past Hollywood Boulevard. We’ve been there as well and couldn’t but help notice the palms and Hollywood sign. Now which location had it first?

The Hollywood and Vine in Texas was built as a sanatorium in the 1890s and there were three wells in the town. Well, well, well…now people prefer to drink their fill at The Hollywood and Vine, where the hills look like Hollywood and the live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings enhances this interesting neighbourhood eating place.

Wanda gave us the guided tour of her fascinating inn where she is now planning on bringing in lots of new showpieces, majoring on veterans’ mementoes.

Most people are in Glen Rose to see the dinosaur footprints which are so well preserved in the nearby river bed that they cannot possibly have been around more than a few thousand years, can they? Erosion being what it is. Anyway, it makes you think. Best to do that over a meal and a flavorsome imported beer at this venue.

1  Thank aldershot1
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I like the setting but the food has not been the best. The waitresses at lunch have sucked both times! Might be better at night after a few beers and the waitresses come alive!