“Excellent”

Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Glen Rose
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Inn on the River is a Bed and Breakfast, but also has fine dining on Friday and Saturday nights and general public is welcome in their dining room. BYOB, no corkage.
Burleson, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Dinner was outstanding. Breakfast chef even made gluten free blueberry muffins and gluten free waffles. Even made me a handmade peach sauce without the flour.

Visited August 2013

Woodway, TX
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you want a special place to go with superb food, impeccable service, and unmatched scenery, this is your place. We have been there many times, and we have yet to have a bad meal, or even a part of a bad meal. In fact, since it is expensive for us, we only go on special occasions. We do not live in the area, so it is a little jaunt for us. I would suggest that you get the most from your trip if you go when the days are long enough to enjoy the view of the live oaks. There are many restaurants where you could spend as much or more, but I can pretty much guarantee that they cannot match or exceed this one.
Reservations are necessary, and you make your food choices in advance. It is our "go to" place. We have never stayed in the Inn; we just go for dinner.
If I had to search for a suggestion, it might be that the dessert menu could be more varied from month to month. But as I have said, it is all wonderful. I do not think it is a place for very small children, as the atmosphere is quiet.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“One of the best B&B's ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I suggest a B&B to my husband, he asks, "Is it like that one by the river with the big tree?" If it is, he wants to go. If it's not, I have some convincing to do. Comfort and relaxation are the two words that come to mind when I think of this place. We really enjoyed just being at the inn and didn't explore too much around the city. It's so peaceful sitting out in the Adirondack chairs by the river, watching the tubers come by. There is a huge tree that provides shade. The gardens are lovely. The pool is nice. The rooms are darling and comfortable. I know I've already mentioned comfortable, but they are - and quite attractive. They have all the modern conveniences, but manage to make you feel like the good old days. We both loved this place.

1 Thank Jane S
Dallas, Texas
“Travel the World but Come Back to Inn on the River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Bottom line you will not have a better meal with better service and more ambiance than this restaurant..A beautiful Old Country Inn...with exquisite old style feeling..Stay and enjoy the complete painting ..Bring your own wine..with no corking fee..Bon Appetite and Sweet Dreams!!!

• Visited January 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Food, No Sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

All the food was very good, but the room was not what was represented by the person taking the reservations.

Visited October 2012