“Just what we needed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen Rose
Sunset Ridge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 6 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is the best B&B because if you want to stay to yourself you can. The rooms have private patio entrances and are not connected to the inside of the house. We chose to have our breakfast served on our own patio with a beautiful view of the property. Speaking of the food it was absolutely incredible! The baked omelet was my favorite, the waffles were perfect, we loved the scones and biscuits. The house is like a model home, it is beautiful. Every room is perfect. The beds are so comfortable. The jet tub for 2 was a great treat after our long hike at Dinosaur Valley State Park.

As great as the place is, the hosts made it such a wonderful experience. Fred and Vickie cater to your every need. Fred recommended a fantastic restaurant in town, the River House Grill. Thie high point is at 6 - 6:30pm in the evening when Fred 'calls' the foxes up to visit. They were so fun to watch. Fred knows them by name. We will be back.

This was an anniversary weekend & a much needed break from our far too busy schedules.

It was - Just what we needed.

Room Tip: The beauty is they are all equal!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank G6T

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I don't know where to begin! Everything was absolutely perfect. Fred and Vicky have a an amazing attention to detail. We found them to be courteous and very thoughtful. After a very long drive we were greeted at the door and welcomed into their lovely home.
After getting settled in, we read the guest book in the room. We were so excited to see everyone's wonderful comments and rave reviews of the food! We quickly changed our dinner plans to enjoy Vicky's wonderful cooking and we were so glad we did! The food is something out of a four star restaurant. The presentation was wonderful and the scenery of the valley while enjoying our meals was simply heavenly. We enjoyed seeing the foxes out back while enjoying a lovely sunset.
The bed and room was so comfortable! The sheets where the softest sheets I have ever felt in my life! The bathroom was comfortable and the shower was absolutely amazing!
If you are considering a north Texas getaway, this is the place to be!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank DigitalAlchemy
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My husband surprised me with this get away for our 20th wedding anniversary. He made an excellent choice! The beautiful rooms, gorgeous view, outstanding service and attention to every tiny detail, made our stay unforgetable! Our hosts, Fred and Vickie, were so kind and gracious. We loved the delectable meals, all prepared expertly by Vickie. She is a culinary artist! We loved our private patio for dining, and the spa/jetted tub for relaxing. The immaculate rooms and grounds were evidence of all the love and hard work that they pour into this inn. This is the place to go to un-plug from the frenzy of life and be immersed in tranquility! We enjoyed ourselves immensely! Can't wait until we come back!

Room Tip: Great place for an intimate and elegant wedding!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Glad1
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed there April 8-9, and couldn't have enjoyed it more. We had a great conversation with Fred and Vickie when we arrived, while we waited for the other couple we were meeting there to arrive. Fred and Vickie are very congenial, open, and friendly. If you order dinner to be served, you better be ready to eat some great home cooked meals. Vickie is a GREAT cook!

These folks are wonderful hosts, who have standards as to who can stay in THEIR bed and breakfast. If you want a very relaxed visit, with no drama, stay here! I know we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Busdriver320
laur0521
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I tried to book a room here for my wife and I (I'm also a woman), but the owner's refused to rent us a room because we are lesbians. When the owner asked for my "husband's" name, I simply said, "my wife's name is [insert wife's name]." After clarifiying that, yes, I said my "wife," he placed me on hold for a few minutes. When he came back, he stated, "l'm sorry, but we are Christians here, so I don't think we can rent you a room."

So, I'm sure the property is lovely, but if you stay here, you should be aware of the kind of people you are supporting.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank laur0521
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay at SunseRidge B&B! It was incredible! The room was unbelievable. Everthing was spotless! The bed was soooo comfortable. The shower and jacuzzi were just what we needed! It was wonderful! Fred and Vickie are gracious hosts and Vickie is a fabulous chef! We can't wait to visit again! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mhudson_11
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I found Sunset Ridge B&B to be delightful. The location was great; close to Fort Worth. Our room was lovely. We especially liked the fireplace and jacuzzi tub and also the private patio. The breakfasts were delicious and the proprietors very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple