Creation Evidence Museum
Ranked #8 of 19 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a pink metal building, this museum poses evidence to the evolution theory.
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Great info here! Worth the time & money (actually they could hcarge more). Glad to hear and see folks that believe in God and creation!

6  Thank Diane G
in 9 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Don't waste your time. Really. This is quasi-fanatical and intentionally placed outside Dinosaur Valley State Park. Really now: a cracked open oblong rock perported to be a fossil finger from the Cretaceous? Nothing but misinformation that only diehard religious zealots swallow. Anybody with a brain should just keep on driving.

19  Thank The_Mts_are_Calling
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We paid $5 each for my hubby and I, not too bad. When we got there we didn't realize there was going to be a lecture that day about the creation of the world by a scientist but we stayed for it anyway. I will admit, it got a little boring since it was an exhaustive lecture, but it was definitely very informative and I learned a TON about evidence that I didn't know even existed. Now about the museum, it's not what you would expect a true museum would look like, there were indeed a lot of replicas and too little information about each display, yet it had a charm that kept us walking through it to see more. We could tell that the people who ran it were dedicated to it's cause and were extremely happy to be of service to it, yet they didn't really have a clear vision as to where they were going with the items they had to display. It was less like a museum and more like a hodgepodge of different things. There were a ton of fossils there that were very interesting and plenty of things that were proof enough for me, though being a person of faith, I don't really need any proof to believe. I don't recommend this place to anyone searching for 100% proof to believe in God, I don't recommend this place to anyone who is looking to be wowed by it's exhibits and floored at the information it has to offer. I do however recommend this place to anyone who is secure in their beliefs and just want something different and interesting to do on a lazy afternoon for only a few bucks. All in all, not too bad!

4  Thank BlessedMrsBiffel00
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is a great museum. I loved it. There were some interesting displays, and it was fun. I took the family. This was not a mistake at all! I loved it. I will go again when able!

God bless!

6  Thank newenglandgirl22
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2010

First let me state I am a Christian and believe in creation. We are avid fans of the Dr. Kent Hovind video series as well.

My wife & I thought it would be a good idea to take our 5 children on a small trip out to Glen Rose from our house in Dallas.

Upon arriving we discovered the the museum moved from the small pink metal building it was in and was in a large 2 story glass windowed building now. We were excited and I peeked through the glass from the outside and saw what looked like a large metal dome like structure inside that had small windows in it. (Kind of looked like a bomb shelter). I figured it was to keep rare fossils etc. secure.

We were all excited and entered the building.

We were greeted by an older man who charged us what we felt was a bargain. $5 for the entire family. No I can't gripe about the price... $5 for our family of 7 is like nothing to enter anything.

Immediately after handing the man the money, he called behind us to a lady and said "The upstairs is closed because OSHA said you can't access it by a wheel chair". So basically that meant HALF THE BUILDING WAS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC! Don't be fooled by the large building with 2 levels HALF was closed.

So anyway, I thought it would be nice to see some "creation evidence". despite half the building being closed. So we began right where the steps were to go upstairs.

Sitting there was a large fossil. It had a small sign that said the period the fossil was from.
O.K. Great. The fossil was from some ancient history era. Fantastic.

So we moved on. We saw the backside of a large glass display case on wheels that had a hose coming out of it. I figured there would be something good in there because it looked like an environmental control case type of thing. We walk around to the front side and it was EMPTY.

So we went on and saw numerous other fossils. There was one called a trilobite and there were a couple LARGE REPLICA fossils and a few other small rock fossils. They were all labeled, but it didn't pertain to how it worked with creation. These were just fossils with labels.

On the wall there were a couple duplicate posters that had some thoughts of creation. They were commercial posters that you can buy from ebay and poster stores.

So we keep walking on and come up to the large metal "bomb shelter looking thing". Well guys, this is where I knew we were done for... I tried to look into the little window and nothing was there. It was all blacked out. It was just a large storage area.

We go on to see a few more fossils with labels. Nothing pertaining to creation.

We came up to a meteorite display where they had some fragments of meteors. They looked like volcanic rock to generic rocks. OK no problem, except they didn't give any instance or evidence of creation. They just labeled them where they were found. I thought this was a creation evidence museum, not a rock & fossil museum.

Then we reach the back of the first floor, and the back center area was all blocked off.,... Okay.... Great.

So we go around to the center of the lower floor, and they had NEW bible books that were PRINTED but put on modern "torah" looking scrolls like Jewish temples use today. Great just what we wanted to see. This is creation evidence? Look I love the bible, they made a huge deal out of this display but come on people... These were VERY modern and it was VERY obvious. There wasn't anything interesting about it at all.

The ENTIRE 2nd half of the lower level was a MOVIE THEATER (book store) where every hour they play a movie about creation that you can watch. Great just what I wanted to do with my 5 kids & wife.... Sit there and watch a long video at what is supposed to be a museum.

There were 2 possibly interesting fossils in the entire place. They had 2 things that looked like human hand prints next to dinosaur tracks (kind of). No info about them, nothing... You just looked at it. The lack of info is also what is so disturbing about the place.

The icing on the rotten cake was this. On the way out they had a "human head" that somebody made out of plaster that looked like many of the fossils. (obviously art work). So it makes one wonder if the fossils were doctored at all. So many of them were replicas anyway.

So basically, if I had to sum it up I would say this about the place itself:

This is a guys medium sized fossil & rock collection put into a nice building. Half of the building is closed (upstairs). Half the downstairs is a movie theater (chairs and a 36 inch old style TV) & book store. The half with rocks had that huge metal "bomb shelter/storage thing" and that ate up much of the 1/4 of the building with rocks. The 1/4th of the building also had empty displays. My kids were NOT excited and did not enjoy it at all.

Again, we are Christians and really wanted a good experience. This was NOT it.

Okay so on to the argument, it was $5 for my entire family - what did I expect? I expected that something called a "creation evidence museum" would actually have more information about what little they had, not be a "movie theater" (we can watch at home) and at least they could have labeled mistakes in carbon dating and how certain things matched up more biblically. There was so little written info it was sick.

The front door had a sign "If you are sick or have been sick, do not enter". There were TONS of signs "do not touch". Some things said "do not touch" that were replicas LOL. Not that we even cared to touch.

This is something that should have been free because it was so silly.

What really stinks is we drove from Dallas to see it. Absolutely dumb, the kids hated it, my wife was mad (she never gets mad), and A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Even if you are staying in Dinosaur Valley State park, unless you want to see some dumb fossils with barely any info, I would avoid this place & stick to Kent Hovind videos.

I can't stress it enough, don't say I didn't warn you.

28  Thank Crasster