“Unique rocks”
Review of Big Rocks Park

Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Glen Rose
More attraction details
Owner description: Park on the Paluxy River.
Fort Worth, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique rocks”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

It's not a huge place, but we always stop by when we are Glen Rose. It's just a neat place to hang out for a little while. The name says it all.... Big Rocks!

Visited March 2013

Lewisville, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Big Rocks and Big Fun”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was too hot to do much outside, but morning and evening our teens were drawn to this park near our accommodations. It would be even better when there is no drought and flowing water is there also.

Visited August 2013
Arlington, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Just what it says”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a planned spot...we just found it earlier than expected. The river is dry so you can walk out a little further that expected. You can climb on the rocks & they make good photo ops.

Visited September 2013
Glen Rose, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great hometown park!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have photos of my great aunt when she was a teenager taken on the Big Rocks! They have been around for a long time and will be here for a long time. The river turns right here at the Big rocks and the new Weir keeps water nearby for fishing! I recommend walking on the river walkway to the near by park just about 1/2 mile up stream. I even too my kayak on the river walk! Great fishing at the Big rocks when the water is up. My favorite, when the water is up is the small water falls in the river, to sit and let the water rush over my shoulders! After a cool off in the water you can climb the Big Rocks! Dogs are allowed in the park and my dog loved to climb the rocks with me! Another great idea to remember is there is a public swimming pool and RV park across the street and a snowcone shack right beside the Big rocks. The city has even put in a public Restroom right there with picnic tables! My next favorite is just sitting on the stairway going down to the Weir. Come on and have fun!

Visited July 2013
Coronado, California
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Simple but enjoyable park....”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stopped on our way back to our hotel and enjoyed both a classic Texas sunset and the moon rising. Our 7 yr. old grandson enjoyed climbing on the rocks and we all enjoyed the walk along the creek.

Visited June 2013