La Quinta Inn & Suites Glen Rose(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
$74
$89
$80
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Comanche Peak(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
$102
$86
ComfortInn
$90
HIExpress.com
Inn on the River(Glen Rose)
$139
Quality Inn & Suites(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
$100
$55
$125
Live Oak B&B(Glen Rose)(Great Value!)
$90
TripAdvisor
  • Spa
All reviewszip linefamily poolskeet shootinghorseback ridingclimbing walldriving rangetomahawk throwingfour seasonslazy riverquailspa servicesbunk bedsoutdoor activitiessomething for everyonerifle rangegreat activitiespetting zoo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Our extended family of 13 spent two days here after Thanksgiving. The good was excellent. Everyone fom the hunters to the 5 year old had an excellent vacation. We especially loved zip line and s'mores together.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here for the convenience to participate in a Spartan Race that was being on the property. I'm so glad I made that choice. The entire staff starting with the front desk, to the restaurant service, to the cleaning crew, to anyone we ran into were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

While I was running the race, there was plenty of things to do for the rest of my family.

My only complaint was that the rooms weren't too sound proof. The person above us sounded like they were wearing cinder blocks for shoes. It wasn't constant but enough to register.

The lodge accepted our dog. There was no designated dog "bathroom" area.

A little on the expensive side but very nice place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family has been going to Rough Creek for about five years now. What we find so great about it is that there is always something for everyone to enjoy (with my wife and I are four kids that is a major feat). My boys and oldest daughter love the quail hunting. The spa is a favorite with my wife and I. All of the kids enjoy the zipline and the pool. In fact, there is way too many activities to mention.

We have always had great service from all of the staff, the food never disappoints and the rooms are comfortable. The only downside to Rough Creek is that its pricey!! Other than that its a great family getaway!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank USPnTX
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a great time during labor day weekend.
We were staying in a cabin (ArrowHead). Well appointed. Staff was very helpful throughout our stay and went out of their way to please.
Was a bit pricey, but considering a lot is included, including excellent food, we were pleased. We especially liked that we did not get "nickled and dimed" on everything once there. Free water bottles, lots of free activities, Free kids club with food, BBQ at the pool, DVDs, etc. We only got charged for wine at dinners.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Francois_Anik
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We took our children this summer and were hoping it would be the first of many trips to Rough Creek. We are an outdoor family and have heard from several friends that this was a fantastic spot. The accommodations were beautiful and well appointed. We were in an ungraded suite and were miserable! The people above us were up all night long and we could hear their conversations, jacuzzi bath tub and every foot step. We averaged about 2 hours sleep a night. The place needs some serious insulation! We told the front desk who could have cared less. Once we got home, I emailed the manager (not asking for anything) to let them know that there was a problem they needed to address for future guests. It has been several weeks and I have not heard BOO! The staff could have handled it much better. Very disappointed and angry at this point that we wasted our money. Definitely not worth it when there are so many great options in TX. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank TexasTrip388
Paul B, General Manager at Rough Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest of Rough Creek Lodge,

The only words I can express are that I am truly sorry that you had this experience with Rough Creek Lodge. We hold our staff accountable to a 5-star level of customer service and I apologize that we did not meet your needs and expectations. I believe you are correct in that the staff could have handled this better, and that issue is being handled immediately.

We do thank you for the compliments of the location, and accommodations offered here at Rough Creek Lodge. We hope that in the midst of everything that you and your family were able to make long lasting memories. We take great pride in providing a fun, safe, and exciting 5-star experience here at Rough Creek Lodge and it is with great regret that we let your family vacation slip through the cracks.

We wish you many happy and safe travels! Thank you again for providing us with this feedback.

Paul Boccafogli