“Worth your vacation time!”

Anderson Creek Cabins
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed with our two boys in Creekside and, even though the creek was low, our stay was great. The cabins strike a fantastic balance between rustic and modern, with all of the amenities one could want for a stay in the country. All overlook a ravine and and provide a grill and firepit. They are secluded (enough so we could let the boys run free without the typical city concerns) but close enough to town for quick supply runs and also close to the areas' major draws. All cabins are well appointed with everything you need to cook and crank up a nice fire in the evening. I would recommend them for a getaway from the DFW area without question. Nice job on these cabins.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Charles H
AndersonCreek C, Owner at Anderson Creek Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your review! Glad your time was so eventful and fun! See y'all again soon:)

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

If you want a nice quiet getaway look no further. The Anderson Creek Lodge is an amazing retreat. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will def be back! Very clean and cozy. Shirley and Mark did an excellent decorating the cabins. We stayed at the Creekside Cabin. Truly loved the deck and sitting by our own private fire pit outside. The only thing i would have added would be a hot tub on the deck. I must recommend Shirleys "Raindrop treatment". It will leave you relaxed and energized. Don't forget to go visit the Dinosaur State Park while your in town.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank ROTCA
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I just came back from Anderson Creek Cabins, with my husband and 2 boys (4 & 6 years old) and it was beautiful! My thoughts:

Location - 1.5 hours from Dallas Fort Worth airport, close to grocery store, etc. The town itself is quaint, small, and easy to explore.

Cabin - small but spacious. We stayed in Waterfall Cabin - huge back deck overlooking a 'mini-canyon' that you can actually climb down into (we made it partway down). Nice loft style giving us parents some privacy from the boys who slept on the pullout in the den. Stocked kitchen. Good shower! Beds were ok - I prefer a firmer mattress, but I usually do not like any mattresses but my own! Continental breakfast was in the room for us for the 2 mornings we'd be there (yummy muffins, pancake mix, oatmeal packs, etc, juices).

Around the cabin - lots to explore. There is a fire pit but with the burn ban we could not use it. We played horse shoes (kids loved it!). We also climbed rocks and went on walks.

Things to do - Dinosaur World (it's ok - my older son enjoyed it more than my younger one). Dinosaur Valley State Park - amazing - you can see actual dino tracks! Peddlers Pie is really good if you want home made pie.

We did not meet the hosts, however Shirley was always very friendly on the phone. Payment balance is cash or cheque - something to keep in mind.

I would DEFINITELY recommend Anderson Creek Cabins - so peaceful, and just beautiful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RuchiSLP
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Anderson Creek Cabins is an awesome getaway from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Easy drive to leave the hussle of city life and slow down to enjoy life. The cabins (Waterfall and Creekside) are pleasant and well furnished. The porch and deck offer great views, we've seen deer every trip. Gas grills make it easy to cook out and enjoy the grounds after a day shopping and site seeing in Glen Rose and the surround area. Shirley and Mark are great hosts and see to your needs. We can't wait to see the new cabin and book a trip with our friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JStrickla
AndersonCreek C, Owner at Anderson Creek Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We appreciate ya'll too and love having you guys out anytime! Thanks for complimenting our cabins and looking forward to next time. Will post photos of "Bluffcreek" end of November!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a perfect getaway from the big city. Shirley was a wonderful hostess. The cabin had all the amenities of home, but with a rustic country charm. On this trip it was just my husband and I, however, I can definitely see the potential for a girl’s weekend getaway or a family adventure. Our stay was during October 2012 which is a wonderful time of year as the air is crisp and clean. Thanks, Tina Wright

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Tina! so glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to your coming again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2009

My 8 yr old daughter and I went down to Glen Rose for Spring Break 2009. (March 17-19, 2009) I looked and looked and nearly every cabin was booked as that is the busiest time of year for Glen Rose. I found this cute little gray and red cabin at Anderson Creek Ranch....the only one available out there. In the picture, there was this beautiful waterfall that the back porch was literally hanging off of. It was gorgeous! The cabin was secluded, private, breathtaking view and very reasonably priced! It didn't accomodate alot of people and that was fine with me as it was just the two of us. (I think it sleeps 5 or 6) I called and got the only two nights available that week. Apparently, there are dozens of repeat guests to this cabin because they love it so much. I didn't realize I was going to fall in love with it either!!!! It was better than I ever imagined!

When we got there, Shirley Anderson, the owner, had stocked it with a thoughtful array of breakfast and snack items. There were toiletries and commodities, etc. It was as if I had walked into a fully functional, fully stocked home away from home!! If you have ever cabined, or camped, or RV'ed, you know you have to buy a ton of stuff to be self-sufficient while there. NOPE! Not there! She had thought of everything! I was very impressed and very comfortable.

The surroundings were more breathtaking that I had imagined. The porch hangs over a 15 foot drop off into a river bed , which you can climb down into and explore. The most beautiful rock formations with fossils brimming out of every corner is what greets you when you wake up in the morning. I wanted to just sit and sip coffee all day long and relax on the back porch!! So relaxing. The birds.....the crisp smells....the water trickling to your right....the gentle breeze. I didn't want to go home. :(

We managed to fit in, in 2 days, a trip to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Dinosaur World, the Creation Evidence museum, downtown shopping, fossil hunting. We never made it to Dinosaur Valley State Park because it was too crowded during that one specific week of the year. Even the library let us use the internet for free.

I am already waiting until I can return to this cabin. This is the kind of place I would love to retire to.

I am posting pictures up of the cabin and things around Glen Rose you may want to visit. Email me if you have any questions! Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family