Anderson Creek Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswaterfall cabinlarge deckthese cabinspropane grillfire pitfossil rim wildlife centershirleyprivacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My 8 yr old daughter and I went down to Glen Rose for Spring Break 2009. (March 17-19, 2009) I looked and looked and nearly every cabin was booked as that is the busiest time of year for Glen Rose. I found this cute little gray and red cabin at Anderson Creek Ranch....the only one available out there. In the picture, there was this beautiful waterfall that the back porch was literally hanging off of. It was gorgeous! The cabin was secluded, private, breathtaking view and very reasonably priced! It didn't accomodate alot of people and that was fine with me as it was just the two of us. (I think it sleeps 5 or 6) I called and got the only two nights available that week. Apparently, there are dozens of repeat guests to this cabin because they love it so much. I didn't realize I was going to fall in love with it either!!!! It was better than I ever imagined!

When we got there, Shirley Anderson, the owner, had stocked it with a thoughtful array of breakfast and snack items. There were toiletries and commodities, etc. It was as if I had walked into a fully functional, fully stocked home away from home!! If you have ever cabined, or camped, or RV'ed, you know you have to buy a ton of stuff to be self-sufficient while there. NOPE! Not there! She had thought of everything! I was very impressed and very comfortable.

The surroundings were more breathtaking that I had imagined. The porch hangs over a 15 foot drop off into a river bed , which you can climb down into and explore. The most beautiful rock formations with fossils brimming out of every corner is what greets you when you wake up in the morning. I wanted to just sit and sip coffee all day long and relax on the back porch!! So relaxing. The birds.....the crisp smells....the water trickling to your right....the gentle breeze. I didn't want to go home. :(

We managed to fit in, in 2 days, a trip to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Dinosaur World, the Creation Evidence museum, downtown shopping, fossil hunting. We never made it to Dinosaur Valley State Park because it was too crowded during that one specific week of the year. Even the library let us use the internet for free.

I am already waiting until I can return to this cabin. This is the kind of place I would love to retire to.

I am posting pictures up of the cabin and things around Glen Rose you may want to visit. Email me if you have any questions! Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family