“A great family place”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 9, 2011

A great little Italian restaurant with an extensive menu and authentic Italian food. We were pleasantly surprised! Budget friendly, kids enjoyed it and everyone found something they loved. Portions were generous. We all left with doggie bags.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Our family of 4 went here during Spring Break. The food was not very good at all. I don't think the garlic bread had any garlic on it! The sauce for spaghetti tasted like jarred sauce.
Unfortunately there are few restaurants open at night in Glen Rose. I would not go to this place again.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

I had a large meal there that included
*Mozzarella Cheese Sticks....... typical storebought
*Cheese Garlic Bread... nice bread, crunchy outside moist inside lots of cheese not to much garlic
*Ceasar Salad... lettuce nice and fresh, croutons storebought but ok dressing was nice, lacked a nice cheese sprinkling on top... none was offered...brought it out and droped it off with a smile.
*Pasta Combo.... Lasagna, Caneloni, something else... I had selected this dish to get a feel for their food... it was OK but it was all lumped together making it hard to distinguish one pasta from the other. Would have preferred it been ona larger plate and separated for each type of pasta.

BYOB is allowed, I had figured this was the case and had brought my own wine.
SERVICE... was OK, they did bring out food in stages and asked if I was ready for next dish. Did have to go looking for the waitress to order who as chatting with the boss.

The other poster that called this the best restaurant in Glen Rose either has not tried any of the BBQ in town as it is World Class, Loves Italian food and prefers it to anything else no matter what, or is associated with the restaurant.

I'm new to the town and I will go back there from time to time but it will likely be every couple of months vs weekly or so.... maybe I'll find something that makes me go WOW in the future but it didn't happen this time.

Reviewed March 14, 2010

We went here following one of the previous reviews. The staff is VERY nice, kid friendly and the bread is good. That is where the good ends. Everything we ordered was bland and laking in every way. If you are here for the park just grab a burger take your pick Burger King, DQ or sonic.

Reviewed December 13, 2009

I eat here almost every time I go through Glen Rose. The bread rolls are the best I have come across! I would suggest a best plate - but I have never had anything that wasn't good. I like the food here - but not as much as my wife!