“Great place to relax”
Review of Inn on the River

Inn on the River
Ranked #1 of 6 Glen Rose B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Spent the weekend for a photography class. Rooms were comfortable, great service, beautiful scenery, great food. Would be a great place to relax for the weekend,sit out on the patio and read a good book. I'll definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Inn on the River

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very, very nice. Everything needed was there--excellent breakfasts, use of bicycles, relaxing chairs down by the river, iced tea and cookies available for the hot afternoons, even baskets of insect spray by the doors to keep mosquitos away when going outside. The Saturday night dinner was great. The staff was very helpful. A lovely getaway for my husband and me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a wonderful stay for my wife and dughter and I. The inn on the river is a great B&B with superb breakfast and amazing service. The courtyard was very beautiful and peaceful. My only complaint was the AC unti which was quite load and seeing that we visited in the midst of summer heat it ran all night, allthough it did keep the room nice and cool. That said I would absolutely visit again. Joy the inn keeper was also very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: I think I would have enjoyed a garden view room better than the second story street side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My second stay at the Inn was perfect. My bed was so comfortable I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud, the dinner and breakfast were outstanding, and sitting down by the river watching the stars was blissful. I love the tray of cookies in the lobby, the iced tea and water available on the sideboard, the sounds of frogs and crickets on the river. I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Quiet, clean, beautiful, peaceful, relaxing...great food, comfy bed. Next time I go I will take advantage of the bikes they loan out. The Inn keepers were very helpful. I will come back again. I love the singing trees. It was actually cool on their grounds and it was actually 100 degrees outside. The breeze off the river was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stacey D
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I wanted to drop you a note regarding our stay last weekend at Inn on the River. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The romantic getaway package exceeded our expectations. We were very surprised by the little extras and impressed with everything…from the food to the atmosphere to the cleanliness to the hospitality.

The dinner on Friday night was excellent. One of our favorites was the Bruschetta appetizer. So flavorful. The breakfasts were not only tasty and fresh, but again, the service was excellent.

One of the more pleasant surprises was the number of things we were able to do from Friday night to Sunday. The winery, bike rides, downtown area, and bull riding competition at the Expo Center were great fun. We also fit in a fair amount of just downtime that let us recharge our batteries.

Your Bed and Breakfast is on our list of places that exceed our expectations and we will look to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank db56161
Reviewed June 19, 2012

A quite relaxing couple of nights free from technology and televion. We enjoyed the old fashioned, but elegant room, and reading on the back porch or in a chair over-looking the river.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury

Been to Inn on the River? Share your experiences!