“the staff defines hospitality”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Although all of the staff have been great, Skyler in particular sets the bar. Whether its rummaging for tools to help me fix the exercise bike or finding a wine glass so I don't have to use a Styrofoam cup, Skyler is always there with a smile that just wont stop. I spend half my life in hotels and I just cant remember anyone who was this genuinely helpful and welcoming no matter how many 'stars' are in the rating. The morning staff gets breakfast ready over an hour early so we shift workers can grab a bite and still be on time. Clean, quiet, a new standard for HI Express.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DanDNuke
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. I will ensure our staff, particularly Skyler, receive the recognition they deserve. Best regards!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is by far one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in for the price! Super clean, affordable,quiet and friendly. The large patio and horse shoe pits are great for enjoying the outdoors. Although you are in town, the location feels as if you are in the country. King suite was very large. Bed was a little firm for our taste. Definitely our only place to stay in Glen Rose....we will be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetp7777

Thanks so much for your review. Even though you are local, please come back anytime for a little get away time! Regards!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The employees make this hotel wonderful. They make you feel welcomed and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that you are enjoying your visit. The rooms are simple, clean, and smell good. The breakfast was self-service and quite good. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank D J

When a guest uses words like "wonderful" to describe our hotel, it makes us feel very much appreciated. Thanks for doing that!! And hurry back!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Always nice to walk into a hotel and greeted with a nice smile and a great attitude. Walked in asking for room availability and rate, from the beginning Skyler's attitude was very welcoming and upbeat. Most of the time, I am met with a front desk who, at times, seems like they could care less if you stay there or not. Or that once you they book you, their job has ended. Her upbeat and cheerful attitude and knowledge of the area made me want to stay. Once booked, she was able to suggest places to eat and things to do. Once returning from one of her suggestions (excellent place I might add-Loco Coyote), her and my stepson (6yrs old) engaged in a conversation about Fossil Ridge safari and his experience. Again, past experience is once your booked, their job is finished.

The only downside, if there is really a downside, is the breakfast. The selection is not too big but that is the case with most motels. The room was clean and free of odor. Always a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jir0236

Thank you for taking the time to give this thoughtful review. We think Skyler is top notch also! Best regards.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed one night, on top floor (3rd), during spring break. Could hear kids on floor below jumping and running down the hall, otherwise, this newer property was nice and clean. Hot tub was very small. So was unheated pool. Large outdoor porch next to pool was nice. Horse shoe throwing was a nice touch, also outside pool area.
Breakfast:
Automatic pancake maker was a hit for kids, but slow. Took about 30sec/pancake. Probably a longer wait than usual being spring break week (lots of kids). Coffee and eggs were better than average. No waffle machine.
Location:
Convenient to all attractions in this small town or outskirts.

Room Tip: Stayed one night on top floor (3rd) during spring break. Could hear kids on floor below jumping and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

We are so glad you enjoyed our hotel, particularly the horseshoe platforms! We strive to have amenities that few others have; your comments show us that we're on the right track. Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I just stayed in the hotel this past weekend with family and I really liked the place. The rooms were clean . The staff were extremely warm and friendly. The front desk was very informative, which helped us explore the area . The breakfast was good.
I forgot my iphone charger in the room and contacted them after I checked out. The room service people had handed it over to the front desk and they sent it to me via fed ex. I was very impressed by their honesty and trustworthiness .
Thank you staff of holiday inn express , you definitely have a repeat customer in me. Looking forward to my next stay there already.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

My staff and I appreciate your review. We try very hard to know all we can about this area so that we can pass it on to our guests. There is so much to do in Glen Rose and we want to make sure our guests enjoy as much of it as they can.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in a suite with my grandkids ( little ones) and the room was clean and roomy. We were allowed to check in an hour early and I appreciated that. I never enjoy the breakfast buffets of today's standards, so I won't comment on that. The staff were very pleasant. Will stay there again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your time here. Regards...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Rose
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!