“Great hotel, exceptional service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel, exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed here twice for a conference, once a year ago and once this past week. Both were stays of 7+ days. The hotel is great, as all HIEs have been (for me) but the service is truly outstanding, and that's why we keep returning.

There are so many great little touches - too many to mention here - but I especially loved the freshly baked cookies in the afternoon at reception, and the free bottled water in the rooms. I also liked that you could make coffee in your room, or choose to take some from the breakfast room downstairs. The fridges in the rooms are huge, perfect for a longer stay.

I received exceptional service from several members of staff, most notably Lesia and Skyler at the front desk. Both ladies were so welcoming and smiley, and they helped me out multiple times with odd requests in such a gracious way. Chason was also wonderfully helpful, if a little quieter. :) The two guys working the front desk was also super helpful and really friendly, but I forget their names.

I had only two niggles - the slow elevator was a touch frustrating at busy times, and the breakfast buffet could use a little work. I'm not that fussy an eater, yet nothing appealed to me.

I would return again in a heartbeat. Thank you HIE Glen Rose for making my stay stress-free, fun and memorable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Wow! Thank you for your review!! I will be sure to let Chasen, Skyler, and Lesia know how much you appreciated them. It will put a smile on their faces, I'm sure! See you next time!

Many thanks,
Steven Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had a seven day stay here last week and I left more impressed than I could have expected going in. All of the basics, like clean rooms and common areas, were covered. In addition the room was bigger than I expected. But the thing that really tipped the scale to make it a 5 star stay was the staff. They were friendly and personable and went out out of their way to be helpful. Even late at night they they really seemed to be enjoying helping folks out. What more could you ask for in a hotel?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
And we loved having you stay with us! It's very easy for us to be friendly when we have guests like and your group. I even had staff members who specifically requested to work overtime for you good folks! We look forward to next year!!!!!!!

See you then,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Glen Rose for an entire week, and the staff was phenomenal. From the GM Steve Garcia, to all the friendly people at the front desk (Jon, Skylar, Lisa), everytime I needed something or passed through the lobby they were there to greet me or get me what I needed. The housekeeping staff did a great job despite leaving them a very messy room some mornings, and didn't disrupt my work piles. Delfina made sure we had breakfast & coffee. My cooler bag leaked onto my pillow in my car, and when the front desk staff heard me saying that they offered to put it in the dryer for me. Really helpful staff, will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor room overlooking the pool/patio got a little loud at night if people were out there so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Your words mean so much to us! I will let Jon, Skylar, Lesia, Delfina, and the rest of our team know how much you appreciated their service. And for as much as you enjoyed your stay, WE enjoyed serving you more!!!!!

Come on back---and hurry!!!
Southold, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff goes way beyond any expectation you could have! They have heart and truly care about your experience with them! Leisa, Skylar, James and Steve just went way above in their hospitality and professionalism! As did the housekeeping and maintenance staff! I would stay here over and over!

• Stayed February 2013
Leisa, Skylar, James, and the hard working housekeeping staff will be thrilled to read your kinds words! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

Until next year,
Lake Forest, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great free breakfast and one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at in a long time. Also very friendly staff including Steve, the manager who went out of his way to offer his help. Don't know how old this hotel is but eveything looks brand new. Would recommend to anyone visiting this little town or just passing through.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites which I would recommend to anyone wanting a little more room to spread out.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you!!!! I can't wait to let our staff know about your awesome review! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Atyrau, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a single night and were quite pleased. I thought all HIE were the same but this was a notch up, almost like they chose to maximize all upgrade options. Examples are the large water feature in the lobby, the separate bathroom cabinet and designer sink. It is brand new so everything is in great shape. One exception is the mattress and bedding which both seem impossibly worn for how new the facility is.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate your review and mention of our special features. In the past year we've made significant upgrades to enhance the guest experience, such as granite counter tops, our feature waterwall, and many others. Thank you for letting us know what you think. Please come back and see us again, soon!

Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

SO CLEAN, Sweet Staff, wonderful amenitties, Great Breakfast, every room is great no need for suggestion, Cookies in lobby are TO DIE FOR! Hanging out in the hotel was fun itself! If you go to glen Rose go to BIG ROCK PARK, ask the staff about it and other things they recommend doing, They have all of the hottest spots in town and can tell you what there is to do, you will never be bored, WE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review! We're glad you also enjoyed Glen Rose itself. There are so many things to see and do here. If you didn't get time to experience everything Glen Rose has to offer, come on back! We'd love to see you again.

Regards,
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Holiday Inn Express Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!