“Friendly, clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just got back from staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Glen Rose for an entire week, and the staff was phenomenal. From the GM Steve Garcia, to all the friendly people at the front desk (Jon, Skylar, Lisa), everytime I needed something or passed through the lobby they were there to greet me or get me what I needed. The housekeeping staff did a great job despite leaving them a very messy room some mornings, and didn't disrupt my work piles. Delfina made sure we had breakfast & coffee. My cooler bag leaked onto my pillow in my car, and when the front desk staff heard me saying that they offered to put it in the dryer for me. Really helpful staff, will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor room overlooking the pool/patio got a little loud at night if people were out there so...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Your words mean so much to us! I will let Jon, Skylar, Lesia, Delfina, and the rest of our team know how much you appreciated their service. And for as much as you enjoyed your stay, WE enjoyed serving you more!!!!!

Come on back---and hurry!!!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff goes way beyond any expectation you could have! They have heart and truly care about your experience with them! Leisa, Skylar, James and Steve just went way above in their hospitality and professionalism! As did the housekeeping and maintenance staff! I would stay here over and over!

• Stayed: February 2013

Leisa, Skylar, James, and the hard working housekeeping staff will be thrilled to read your kinds words! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

Until next year,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great free breakfast and one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed at in a long time. Also very friendly staff including Steve, the manager who went out of his way to offer his help. Don't know how old this hotel is but eveything looks brand new. Would recommend to anyone visiting this little town or just passing through.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites which I would recommend to anyone wanting a little more room to spread out.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you!!!! I can't wait to let our staff know about your awesome review! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a single night and were quite pleased. I thought all HIE were the same but this was a notch up, almost like they chose to maximize all upgrade options. Examples are the large water feature in the lobby, the separate bathroom cabinet and designer sink. It is brand new so everything is in great shape. One exception is the mattress and bedding which both seem impossibly worn for how new the facility is.

• Stayed: December 2012

We appreciate your review and mention of our special features. In the past year we've made significant upgrades to enhance the guest experience, such as granite counter tops, our feature waterwall, and many others. Thank you for letting us know what you think. Please come back and see us again, soon!

Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

SO CLEAN, Sweet Staff, wonderful amenitties, Great Breakfast, every room is great no need for suggestion, Cookies in lobby are TO DIE FOR! Hanging out in the hotel was fun itself! If you go to glen Rose go to BIG ROCK PARK, ask the staff about it and other things they recommend doing, They have all of the hottest spots in town and can tell you what there is to do, you will never be bored, WE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for your review! We're glad you also enjoyed Glen Rose itself. There are so many things to see and do here. If you didn't get time to experience everything Glen Rose has to offer, come on back! We'd love to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was amazing!!! The staff was incredible... Cindy at desk was sweet and helpful,they need to make her manager...I travel all over weekly,and have never received such hospitality.The breakfast was free and the best I've ever had at any hotel.I was extremely impressed with the room.I highly recommend to stay there...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

You will be more than pleased with your stay here! We stayed here for three nights. My son (who participated in the Spartan Race), my daughter in-law, my grandson, and I were so very impressed with the hotel and the staff.

Yes, the rooms were clean. Yes, the beds were comfortable. Yes, the rooms were quiet (really!) But even though we couldn't find fault with the building, room, and facilities, if you remove the staff, you are left with and just another empty building.

The staff of this hotel, and I mean all members of the staff, were the most friendly, polite, helpful, cheerful, and cutomer-oriented group that I have encounter in a long, long, long time! Their positive attitude, humane demeanor, and enthusiastic behavior was just incredible! Unfortunately, I lost the list of staff member names that I wanted to use in this review so that each was personally recognized (sorry folks), The general manager lead the way, and I am sure is well aware of the "5-star" staff he has at his side. The Holiday Inn corporate offices should pay close attention to this location because they sure get it right and it would be nice to see the influence of this staff spread throughout the company.

If you are visitng Glen Rose, this is the place to stay!

If it means anything, I am a maintenance manager (chief engineer) for a 140 room, historical seacoast resort hotel in new england (11 acres, 10 separate buildings) - I know a good operation when I see one!

Thank You Glen Rose Holliday Inn Express staff!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sparrowlw, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love Spartan, and all the excitement it brings to us. It is wonderful to know that we were able to give some of our excitement back! We loved that they opened Spartan up for kids this year, and look forward to enjoying the race participants again next year!

Lesia Whipps, Agent

Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!