“I thought all HIE were the same” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
“I thought all HIE were the same”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed a single night and were quite pleased. I thought all HIE were the same but this was a notch up, almost like they chose to maximize all upgrade options. Examples are the large water feature in the lobby, the separate bathroom cabinet and designer sink. It is brand new so everything is in great shape. One exception is the mattress and bedding which both seem impossibly worn for how new the facility is.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
We appreciate your review and mention of our special features. In the past year we've made significant upgrades to enhance the guest experience, such as granite counter tops, our feature waterwall, and many others. Thank you for letting us know what you think. Please come back and see us again, soon!

Regards,
Steven Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

SO CLEAN, Sweet Staff, wonderful amenitties, Great Breakfast, every room is great no need for suggestion, Cookies in lobby are TO DIE FOR! Hanging out in the hotel was fun itself! If you go to glen Rose go to BIG ROCK PARK, ask the staff about it and other things they recommend doing, They have all of the hottest spots in town and can tell you what there is to do, you will never be bored, WE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your review! We're glad you also enjoyed Glen Rose itself. There are so many things to see and do here. If you didn't get time to experience everything Glen Rose has to offer, come on back! We'd love to see you again.

Regards,
rockdale,texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel was amazing!!! The staff was incredible... Cindy at desk was sweet and helpful,they need to make her manager...I travel all over weekly,and have never received such hospitality.The breakfast was free and the best I've ever had at any hotel.I was extremely impressed with the room.I highly recommend to stay there...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
N.Waterboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

You will be more than pleased with your stay here! We stayed here for three nights. My son (who participated in the Spartan Race), my daughter in-law, my grandson, and I were so very impressed with the hotel and the staff.

Yes, the rooms were clean. Yes, the beds were comfortable. Yes, the rooms were quiet (really!) But even though we couldn't find fault with the building, room, and facilities, if you remove the staff, you are left with and just another empty building.

The staff of this hotel, and I mean all members of the staff, were the most friendly, polite, helpful, cheerful, and cutomer-oriented group that I have encounter in a long, long, long time! Their positive attitude, humane demeanor, and enthusiastic behavior was just incredible! Unfortunately, I lost the list of staff member names that I wanted to use in this review so that each was personally recognized (sorry folks), The general manager lead the way, and I am sure is well aware of the "5-star" staff he has at his side. The Holiday Inn corporate offices should pay close attention to this location because they sure get it right and it would be nice to see the influence of this staff spread throughout the company.

If you are visitng Glen Rose, this is the place to stay!

If it means anything, I am a maintenance manager (chief engineer) for a 140 room, historical seacoast resort hotel in new england (11 acres, 10 separate buildings) - I know a good operation when I see one!

Thank You Glen Rose Holliday Inn Express staff!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sparrowlw, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We love Spartan, and all the excitement it brings to us. It is wonderful to know that we were able to give some of our excitement back! We loved that they opened Spartan up for kids this year, and look forward to enjoying the race participants again next year!

Lesia Whipps, Agent
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Glen Rose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. Parking, wi-fi, and a great breakfast buffet are all free, plus you get complimentary bottles of water and popcorn in your room. Priority club members also get an amenity goodie bag upon arrival. Ours was full of toiletries and snacks. We stayed on a special rate, but the regular rates are amazing for the fantastic service you get. I'll be staying here again anytime I'm in Glen Rose. Big brand hotels like Hilton and Marriot should take some pointers from these guys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We're speechless! Thank you so much for your review. I specifically remember you and your lovely family. We enjoyed having you with us as much as you enjoyed staying here. Also, being in the hospitality industry yourself, this review meant a great deal to us. Thank again, and perhaps we'll see you next year!

Watkins , Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was put in charge of the trip planning --and I have trouble making decisions !!! Finally decided on this Holiday Inn in Glen Rose !! Must've made 10 calls to Jon (front desk ) !!! He was always kind and friendly !! We added nights and rooms and always the staff were so helpful !! The place is BEAUTIFUL , CLEAN and PERFECT !!! MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WERE PROUD OF ME !! The wedding was my oldest grandson's ,we got them the jacuzzi suite ---they loved it !! So very HAPPY with our stay here !!THANK YOU JON, JAMES and the LOVELY LADIES at the front desk !!Hope I can come back sometime !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review! We're so very pleased you and your family enjoyed our hotel. We're even more pleased that you were able to make your family proud of you! :0) My staff and I look forward to coming back to see us, again!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a standard small town motel for the most part. The staff, though, were exceptional. Friendly, courteous and very helpful. If service is more important to you, this is a very nice choice for the area. Unfortunately, this brand-spanking-new facility is in pretty bad shape. Extremely shoddy construction and questionable design has resulted in very noisy doors and plumbing, doors that won't close, improperly set fixtures, really awful wallpaper work, etc. Some of the furniture was assembled incorrectly, the walls are not well finished, the water was brown, and the crown molding accent on just one wall was bizarre. It's a terrible waste. The appointments are fantastic and in direct contrast to the poor quality workmanship - dark wood finishes, granite countertops, leather headboards. HVAC worked beautifully but was also a mild season and the place was nearly empty. All-in-all, though, I will stay here again. I'm not certain that such construction disasters aren't the norm these days - pretty much every motel I've been in that was built recently has construction quality issues - and the service makes it worth the small annoyances. Holiday Inn Express is uncomplicated, fairly consistent and easy for business travelers. If you're on business or just an overnight guest, this is a great option. If I were planning a vacation to the area, I would investigate one of the many quaint B&Bs in town. If I must have squeaky doors, at least they would come with the ambiance and history of an old home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're very pleased that you enjoyed the service, and I will ensure our entire staff reads your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Rose
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
Holiday Inn Express Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!