“Service at it's best”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Service at it's best”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My experience at the Holiday Inn Express was a surprising experience in warm greetings from the front desk staff to the breakfast crew. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, extremely clean and pristine and provides for every need from snacks to concierge services. You get hometown treatment with a sophisticated blend.

I will definately visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
I can't tell you how much your comment, "You get hometown treatment with a sophisticated blend", means to us. On behalf of my staff, THANK YOU!

Be well,
Steven Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a perfect time here - The hotel was great - the staff truly want you to have a great stay. They are friendly, kind and helpful. The location was perfect on a hill just inside the town. There was wild life... a saw 2 baby foxes, deer and armadillo. It's almost like a bed and breakfast but better. Oh, the breakfast.... GREAT ! Patio dinning and all. The water wall is so tranquil, the rooms are so spacious you don't feel like you are even at a hotel. There are so many things to do here in Glen Rose... I didn't even realize. Fossil Rim, Promise, Dinosaur State Park, the Expo Center... My daughters and I had a perfect time. Thank you Holiday Inn Express and Thank You Glen Rose, TX

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
All I can say is HURRY BACK!! Oh, and thank you so much for the kind words!!

Best regards,
Boyd, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

All areas of the hotel were very clean and new looking for being open since 2004. The only problem I found was the “free” breakfast, 4 of 6 coffee dispensers were empty, eggs and pancakes were hard with no taste. The biscuits could have been used by any hockey team as pucks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Wish they would reduce the room rate and toss the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found the staff friendly and helpful. Come back, anytime, and I'll personally ensure you get the quality breakfast that you deserve.

Regards,
Natchez, Louisiana
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Great check inn. Clean spacious room.
Some sort of meeting was being held on the property and they got kind of loud. I called the front desk and they immediately handled the problem.
If you are in Glen Rose Texas and looking for overnight accommodations then this is the place.

• Stayed November 2012
Many thanks for your review, and for letting me know that our staff took care of the loud guests. We'd love to have you back anytime; we'll treat you like family!

Rest regars,
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice new upscale hotel. The breakfast was very nice. Free Parking. Couldn't ask for more. Easily accessable to the sights and activities of Glen Rose. The staff is very accommodating to our special needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us how we're doing. I'm glad you liked our hotel and, more importantly, our staff! Please come back and see us anytime. Breakfast will be on ME!

Regards,
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recently stayed here while working in the area. My stay was just over 3 weeks. I found the facility clean with a good breakfast but the best part was the staff. They were eager to help and very friendly. My needs were met in every area. I left my laptop in the room with not a concern. This is a small town but I found the services in the area sufficient for my needs. I will return when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMGLRTX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
My staff and I very much appreciate your review. Although our hotel could never be the same as home, we really believe it's our mission to make you feel like you're there as much as we can. Please come back and see us again when you're in the area. I promise you, we'll make you feel at home all over again.

The best to you,
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Cindy was at the desk the day that we arrived, and also the next morning before we checked out. She was just wonderful---- always smiling and soooo very helpful. I will be staying at the same hotel in San Marcos, Tx. tomorrow night. She looked up, and printed a map for me, showing directions from I-35 to the hotel. It was such a pleasure visiting with her, and staying at your hotel. If I return, you can be sure I will be staying with you. Bed/pillows and room were comfortable and very clean room and bath. God bless all of you---- Sylvia May- Bryan, Texas 77802

Room Tip: 2nd floor on south side are quieter if you are a light sleeper. Loved my room.