“I think previous high ratings on TripAdisor went to their head!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
“I think previous high ratings on TripAdisor went to their head!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the high ratings BUT we had a really bad experience.
1. They charged my credit card when I made the reservation WITHOUT TELLING ME.
2. On top of that, they charged my credit card TWO TIMES for the room. It took three calls to get them to issue a credit.
3. Then they tried to charge me again when I checked out of the room today!
4. They ran out of food and coffee during breakfast even though they knew the number people registered in the hotel.
5. The room key failed three times during our three-day stay because of a faulty card reader. One clerk admitted that they had repeated problems with room 130.
6. Several of the TV channels listed on the room card are not available. Don't know why.
7. Housekeeping did not make up our bed until after 4pm on second day.
8. Only one person on staff said "I'm sorry".
9. They have a digital, automatic pancake making machine that malfunctioned on first day.
10. Swimming pool was nice BUT it's located outside on the west side of hotel in the broiling afternoon and evening Texas sun.

We usually stay at the Best Western in Glen Rose. They were full this weekend. Now we know why.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 130. The room key reader does not work consistently.
2 Thank tomtex451
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Customer feedback is very important to us. It is clear that you did not have the great experience we strive to deliver and that I believe you deserve. Please know that I will do all I can to make this right. My staff and I have carefully reviewed your comments and I invite you to contact me to discuss a satisfactory resolution—you deserve nothing less.

Best regards,
Steven Garcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
beaumont
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family and I enjoyed the weekend of June 23 at this hotel. The staff was excellent. The rooms were spacious and clean. Towels were in good condition and not worn out. The breakfast was great with a good variety. I was pleased with the entire process from making the reservations until checkout. I was so glad we choose this hotel. One of the best. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind words! There are many choices for lodging in Glen Rose; you chose us, and for that we are grateful. When our guest have a great experience, it inspires up to do even better. We look forward to seeing again!

Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed two nights. Our room and breakfast room were excellent. One small complaint - the room clean up was incomplete. The cleaning person did not vacuum and I had eaten peanuts the first night (shelling peanuts can be messy).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john_barnes5779
Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to better our service. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff; we're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel, but we pledge to do better--right down to the smallest of details. Please come back and see us!

Round Rock, TX
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my grandson. The rooms are very nice and clean. Bed was wonderful with enough pillows to help you find the right firmness (embroidered on the piillowcase). Staff was very friendly. The Great Room had coffee every time I went to get a cup. Pool was wonderful, even had pool toys (balls, noodles, boards.) The free breakfast was hot with a good options. Would definitely stay here again.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

One of the noisy hotels I've ever stayed in. Everything else good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sunflower52Blue
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Sunflower52Blue,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience the noise caused you during your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Glen Rose!

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Coppell, TX
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My family enjoyed a great weekend in Glen Rose. Based on a recommendation from friends, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The rooms were large, very nicely appointed, comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and went out of their way help with anything we needed. Breakfast was terrific. The staff seemed to be everywhere, cleaning up when tables when people left, making sure there was plenty of fresh food and coffee out for guests and being very helpful and polite while they did it. We will definitely be back!

1 Thank Bluesboy850
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments! We value your every word and hope to see you again soon!

Respectfully,
Nanuet
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just stayed at this wonderful hotel recently and was very, very pleased with it. The people there are so accommodating, the place is immaculate. The rooms are so very comfortable, with all the amenities you can think of, right down to the firmness or softness of a pillow, which, by the way is embroidered on the outside sleeve of the pillow so you'll know in advance which is soft or which is firm.
As far as the breakfast is concerned, was wonderful. Think that Holiday Inn has one of best breakfasts and coffee around! Simply divine!
All in all this is one "out of the ordinary" and into the realm of a superior hotel! I would definitely return to this great hotel!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gemin7
We appreciate the kind review! Come back and see us again soon!

Regards,
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!