“Favorite weekend place”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Glen Rose
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express is our new favorite getaway. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glen Rose. The staff is wonderful and always very helpful. We've stayed there twice this year and going back again in April.

1  Thank Ruth G
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Ruth,

It's wonderful to hear from you. I'm so glad staying with us is your new favorite getaway spot. We truly appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again in April!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during spring break. It was perfect for us (a family of five, with kids aged 6, 4, 2). We got two connecting rooms on the first floor, I think they were #128 and #130, both had two queen beds and one was handicap accessible. None of us are handicapped, but I think that's the only option they had for connecting rooms. The staff is very nice, especially Tina at the front desk and the breakfast people. The hotel is nicely appointed, clean, and has everything you need. The breakfast is OK, great cinnamon rolls, limited on fruit, but generally fine. Because we were there during spring break, the hotel had a big bounce house going from 5-6:30 each night and kid's movies in the big meeting room starting at 7pm. During bounce house time, they had carnival games (ring toss, bean bag throw) where they gave little prizes (tattoos, candy) for the kids. Overall, it was a great hotel experience and we will definitely go back anytime we are in the Glen Rose area.

The only cons were that given the rooms we were in, we were right by a side exit, and people going in and out of the door were kind of loud. Also, in the bathroom, there must have been a smoking room above us because we got some of the smoke smell through the vent. It was not too bad, but my kids did ask what that smell was around the bathroom. :-)

Can't imagine there is a better hotel for families in this area!

2  Thank CookseyMom
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

So happy you and your family enjoyed your stay! Spring Break is one of our favorite times of year and we always want to make sure the kids have a great time, too. Glad the staff made sure you all felt welcome — I know Tina and our breakfast folk appreciate the shout-out. Thanks again and we hope to see you next year!

Joe Leising, Innkeeper

Reviewed March 8, 2012

To start off I had one of my best experiences staying at this hotel. The staff was great, very helpful and always had a smile. The breakfast was a plus, The rooms were very clean and I do mean rooms since we had a few of them, we came to Glen Rose for the first time for the PRCA. This hotel made a BIG impression on this little town. One of the staff members stood out from the rest and that was Tina, she was sooo helpful with directions and great places to eat. she even broke out the menu's. I would definitely come back to this little big town just because of our stay here.......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rodeoman_ok
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff welcoming and friendly. We were happy to host everyone for the PRCA and I know Tina will be happy to hear from you. We truly appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This was one of the nicest Hotels I have ever stayed in! Especially for the money, great rate. The staff was wonderful, very polite. It was very clean, easy to check in and out. Bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was sooo good. My 3 year old went back for seconds both mornings we were there. They even had health, low cal options for me. We could not have been happier with our stay there. I highly recommend staying here. Loved it! Oh and I left some clothes hanging in the closest, Tina at the front desk went and got them for me. Had them waiting at the front for my friends to pick up. So helpful.

2  Thank crystal w
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Crystal,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take service very seriously as a point of pride and professionalism and it's great to hear that you appreciated it. We would love to welcome you back again any time!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stay here! Pass everywhere else! This is a good hotel! Nice folks, clean rooms, good location, and very quiet! Enough said! Stay here!

Room Tip: Upper floors on the south side have a nice view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zylon R

Thank you very much for your great review! It's always wonderful to hear from our happy guests and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We'd love to welcome you back again any time.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The staff says this hotel is four years old but still looks and smells new. Hotel is nicely decorated which makes it feel more upscale. The staff was friendly and helpful. The king bed was comfy and the room spacious. Breakfast is average, nothing special, but coffee, tea and Swiss Miss hot chocolate was available all the time in the dining area.

I used the fitness room which didn't look like it got many visitors; there were two treadmills, an elliptical and a bike, all nice equipment. Towels and water, a TV and a scale were also available.

There's not much around the hotel right now, although the adjacent property seems to have been set aside for more development. Get a room on the entrance side to get the best view. I have no complaints about our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows along the "front door" side have the best views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank agiToki
Joe L, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm so glad you found the hotel comfortable and clean and the staff helpful and accommodating. We would love to welcome you back again any time you're in town. Respectfully, Joe Leising (Innkeeper)

Reviewed January 22, 2012

The staff are just so nice, I came late in the evening and the front desk lady Tina was just so very nice and even told me about all of the resturants around here, and she was right Big Cup is a very good place to eat. After I ate I went to my room and fell right asleep, the bed was so comfy. :)

JLS

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Joe L, Innkeeper at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad Tina was able to point you in the right direction for your dinner and that she made you feel welcome upon your late arrival. I'm also happy to hear you found your bed comfortable. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Rose
#7 of 8 in Glen Rose
Hilton Garden Inn Granbury
13 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Granbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Glen Rose? Share your experiences!